ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound deadening

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
Hi PPL,

I would like to install some sound deadening in my car because the exhaust is quite loud, either i install some sound stuff or have a silencer box ??

Would S D make a difference inside the car if i covered the boot etc in the stuff ?? if so what should i buy ??

Thanks

Matt

i have just done this and if i can find a photo ill show you

it does weigh a bit mate, so if your going for speed dont bother

but if your not then its made such a difference to mine, the sound in the car is much better quality and i can hear people on my bluetooth headset now as well!! lol

jamie

DSC00058.gif

whole boot ish is now covered, as are rear door cards, and the front doors

jamie

oh and its Ivanhoe or something, american, cheaper version of dynamat but no dif in quality

and its a lot lighter than dynamat

jamie

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Go to homebase or similar and get some rockwall, stuff your boot and rear quarters ...very light and makes a huge difference.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
it's rockwool and it is used in the building trade. i would advice you to not use it cos if you mess with it, it will just break up as it is supposed to be put between walls etc and not be disturbed. if you put in the car you'll get nasty itchy powder everywhere. autoleads do some cheap stuff.

lol :D

dink is there really that much dif mate?

just got some dynamat as ran out of the other stuff, need to fix a boot lock squeak!!

jamie

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
cheers for the advice just brought some edead stuff will see what its like, if it doesnt make much difference then im having the exhaust changed lol

Polo + Micra
it probaly wont make a difference as there is a difference between sound deadening and sound proofing

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
so sound deadening wont make a difference to the sound of the exhaust inside the car ???

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah - very good at what it does - The bootlid has layered patches on the innner & outer skins.

The only bit that shakes is the window - and your soul ;)