ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sound proofing

what is the cheap stuff people have been using to sound deaden their cars ?? like dynamat but cheaper any help would be good

ta mike

Ziel Nurburgring

What purpose Dog? To sound proof for speakers or just to soundproof the car a bit more???

Ziel Nurburgring

Theres a spray foam that a friend uses on his cars. He fills the door cavitys, holes and pretty much any void in the car with the stuff. Makes a car sound like a MERC when you close the doors and in the car sounds like you in a limo its so quite.

Will ask him when i see him what its called.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Alright mate i can get some stuff jus like dynamat. sick one side so u can use it in the doors and that. will sort u a price out later on if your interested in some!

PM me and let me no mate.

Cheers Tom-m

Its called "brown bread", Halfords used to sell it, but if you cant get it there, go to Uni car or Ram audio.

Dave

hehe well just put 10m of the laging stoff in the booit bit better gonna do another 10m of that then dyna mat it then foam then a sheat of plywood i think lol

if its because the exhaust is to loud then im sure the best option is sound proof your ears and not the car! - expanding filler?! lol:)

yeah i know its fine most of the time its just i cant do anything at 4k rpm for more than a few seconds lol and its a shame that 4k is 80mph in 5th lol

Quote: Originally posted by maff on 02 October 2003

if its because the exhaust is to loud then im sure the best option is sound proof your ears and not the car! - expanding filler?! lol:)
LMAO!!! "No more big gaps"!!! Quality!

ha ha, your only option is to drive like a granny!!

my exhaust is loud round 80 in 5th,i find monotinous tone puts you to sleep on long journeys

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

I can get some stuff. Exactly the same as dyna mat. im selling it for £15 for a sheet of 100cm by 60cm. Pm me if u r interested

Tom-m

hmm, just got my backbox fitted, makes my ears hum a bit, aint been down the motorway wiv it on yet, so i wonder how loud it will be

yep marley tape or flashing tape

should be £15 for a 10m x 225mm

dynamat extreme is very good but over the top for what u want

we used over 6 rolls on our spl mini

neil