ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound set up, bit of help please!

Hey! I have a 12" 1300W sony xplod sub, along with a 1000w 4ch amp and two VIBE 6x9s (think they're 350w each).

I've been told by my a good friend of mine, that the amp will over power the sub or something?

please could any of you viewing help?

cheers!!

Breaking 172 NV676
you need to find out the ohm rating of the sub and 6x9's and the rms values of the amp and sub and 6x9s

1.2 16v clio
What amp are you running? And are you sure they are 350 watt rms as for the sub same question

Also when something says the power be sure you follow rms and not the peak/max

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Sub - 380W RMS with 4 Ohm
6x9(vibe slicks) - 135W RMS (each)
Amp(subzero ice 1000w) - 751W - 1000W RMS

Cheers guys![/FONT]

Monaro VXR
Personally would have bought some front 6.5" speakers then made them fit rather than 6x9's. Then ran 2 channels to the fronts and 2 channels bridged for the sub.

You don't need 6x9's in a Clio. Hell you don't need 6x9's ever.

1.2 16v clio
Amp should be fine try and find out more on ur amp I have tried and I'm having trouble as its not giving clear details if not what amp fuse is being used as u can get a rough estimate on the watts it does

Amp should be fine try and find out more on ur amp I have tried and I'm having trouble as its not giving clear details if not what amp fuse is being used as u can get a rough estimate on the watts it does

This is my wiring kit if it helps?:)

1000W Complete Amplifier/AMP Wiring Kit 10 Gauge AWG

• [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]From 100 to 1000 WATTS Amplifier Wiring Kit[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]10 Gauge Clear Red Power Cable 5M
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]10 Gauge Clear Black Ground Cable 0.8M
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]5M RCA
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]18 Gauge Blue Remote Turn-On Wire 6M[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]1 ATC Fuse Holder[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Accessory pack[/FONT]

Polo + Micra
at least 4 awg wiring for a 1000wRMS amp

but that amp isn't a 1000wRMS. i'd guess it's around 400wRMS (looking at the 2 20A fuses)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The maximum that amp can produce with 0% loss (or short circuit to) is 480wrms based on those fuses - by my calcs, that will require a minimum of 8awg, thus I would go with 6 or 4awg incase you want to add another smaller amp at a later stage. :) always quote the RMS if you can, its the only usefull figure.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I should probably mention that 10 awg probably will cope for everyday use, but if the amp does happen to pull near the 400+ mark for extended periods, then the wire will begin to break down and you wont get full power to the amp (the wire will also become hot). this in turn will casue clipping which can damage you sub/speakers.

Much appreciated guys, cheers! I don't think I'll be needing another amp:) I think I'll chance the 10 Gauge as i've spoke know about this too. :)

thanks again!!

Polo + Micra
The maximum that amp can produce with 0% loss (or short circuit to) is 480wrms based on those fuses - by my calcs, that will require a minimum of 8awg, thus I would go with 6 or 4awg incase you want to add another smaller amp at a later stage. :) always quote the RMS if you can, its the only usefull figure.

not strictly true as you can get 14v in a car and those fuses probably wouldn't operate til 70A

10 awg is ok for running a seperate supply to a head unit and thats about it

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Not quite following you there Dink; where did you get the 70amps from? they are 20amp fuses arnt they? Iv never seen any 20A fuse go above 25A without blowing... :S Also surely we are saying the same thing overall, that he needs better cabling?!

Polo + Micra
Not quite following you there Dink; where did you get the 70amps from? they are 20amp fuses arnt they? Iv never seen any 20A fuse go above 25A without blowing... :S Also surely we are saying the same thing overall, that he needs better cabling?!

you tested a 20A fuse and it operated at 25A?

oh yeah without a doubt he needs better cabling

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Not sure what "people in the know" he has spoken to, they obviously arnt in the same knowledge base im in!

you tested a 20A fuse and it operated at 25A?

Yes I have seen such fuses blow at 25A and nearly all will. Remember its about durration not just the load. It takes a bit longer, but it will blow...

1.2 16v clio
Don't want to say this but my first ever set up I had when I barely knew how to wire was 10 gauge I had it running 400 watts for a while and it was fine (far in the past now lol 0 gauge all the way now )