ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound system help :(

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
I have a jvc headunit and a jbl sub and amp.

I came out to my car this morning and i could hear my radio was playing music , drove to work engine off , radio goes off , checked again at break , radio still off.

At lunch time i get a shout from my friend at lunch to say my car was blazing music , it had ran my battery flat.

What could be causing this ?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me !

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Iv honestly no idea ! its so strange , so pissed off i actually managed to get a deal of 10 quid below what i payed for the sub and amp 2 months ago , it better start tomorrow because the bonnet catch thingy broke when it got jump started so i cant get my bonnet open...

E46 320D Tourer!
Be worth trying to find a manual for your hu online to check the demo mode settings. Don't know a lot about ice but its the first thing that springs to mind. Also, I'd check the live and ignition live to make sure there insulated and not bridging across to one another.

Bet you don't have an rem wire running from the HU to the amp therefore sub+amp is constantly running, not sure about sound coming through is there a wake up device or something on the HU? :p

A.N. Other
My Alpine has very occasionally woken itself up when (I think) there has been a Traffic Announcement broadcast, perhaps it's something similar? It never happened often enough to work out the pattern though.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Thanks for the smart comment of take the facia off , im not that stupid i have done that but its not a solution , iv got a REM cable mate , ill check all of what you have sayed , thanks alot for the help yous all have gave me , iv sold the sub and got myself some new alloys so some good has came of it !