ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soundbar

Inferno 182 CUP
I bought soundbar as I said because I didn't want to do the whole 5 speakers a sub and an avr again .. im happy with the neatness

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay so having a bit of trouble anyone able to help at all?

So I plug with optical lead into tv and soundbar but audio wont match with the tivo box. The tivo is out of time I think as if I put the optical lead into tivo box its fine but wont work with xbox that way so a bit stuck really.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tried that and it would just go further out. Have turned tv speakers off. I think its got something to do with tivo box. If i plug the optical lead into tivo box its fine but in the tv its not.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Good point realnumber1. Strange and a bit stumped really unless its a fault in the tv causing the delay when sending audio to the optical out point because its out of sync with the tv speakers.

No I don't Mikeyjp, not with the soundbar.

Has got me completely confused tbh. The sound with the TV speakers off and no echo is amazing though, really impressed looks great too.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My setup also echos if I have the TV speakers turned up.

That's VM box running via optical through an onkyo 7.1 amp and floor standers. Think it also does it from my bluray player too.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I was reading online and most recommended the tv speakers were turned off with soundbars or any other sound system so I just left it at that tbh.

I notice that if I have the tv on in another room not going through the tivo box it is about 2 seconds ahead. I need to try this tv without the tivo box and see if its out of sync with the soundbar still.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I was reading online and most recommended the tv speakers were turned off with soundbars or any other sound system so I just left it at that tbh.

I notice that if I have the tv on in another room not going through the tivo box it is about 2 seconds ahead. I need to try this tv without the tivo box and see if its out of sync with the soundbar still.

I might have misread before. Never use your built in speakers as well as any external ones. You will always get a slight delay between the two.
But most of all it defeats the object of getting better speakers in the 1st place lol.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I might have misread before. Never use your built in speakers as well as any external ones. You will always get a slight delay between the two.
But most of all it defeats the object of getting better speakers in the 1st place lol.

^^this

I also get a slight echo if the tv speakers are turned up. That mainly happens because the wife is too dense to realise that the volume controls are on a separate remote to the telly one.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its very close to being on time but not quite there. Very annoying with the echo. There's a function on the tv where it doesn't let you turn the tv speakers up so I've enabled that and will just leave it as it is.

Very happy with them as they are anyway. Sounds really good with music.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You need to adjust the audio sync on the tv, you can only do it on the tv as you need to r****d the image / advance the audio. Some tv's allow you to do this, some don't.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think mine does as I looked earlier. Shame really as its only a 4 month old tv.

No doubt if I bought a sony soundbar then I could lol.

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I don't think mine does as I looked earlier. Shame really as its only a 4 month old tv.

No doubt if I bought a sony soundbar then I could lol.
it wouldnt make a difference what soundbar you bought as it sound like its the TV's audio decoder/encoder causing a lag. Unless the soundbar decoder/codec is slow. One way to get rid of this problem (which is actually how I run mine) is to use the headphone out on the tv into the line in on the soundbar, there should be no delay then. also means you can use the TV remote to turn the volumn up/down (volume needs to be up quiet high on the soundbar all the time). Obviously mean the soundbar has to have a line in (most do).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The thing is if you plug in a sony one it gives you more features in settings that I can't access with the lg soundbar. I'd imagine there's a possibility the sync settings may be there.

Cheers though was thinking either that or connect using usb if that works. Or like above I may just leave it as it sounds fine anyway but trying another way for peace of mind can't hurt.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Its a shame the soundbars were so chunky and expensive lol. I'm happy with what I got anyway. You can hardly notice it when looking at the tv. The samsung one in op was pretty chunky and not great looking. I also looked at the 5.1 system fatty originally posted and thought it was too much clutter.

Listerine & Poledo
MY opinion isn't relevant in this at all, but I'd still have got a real amp and a pair of "bookshelf" speakers. Provided the TV had RCA outs of some description. None of these synchronising issues, for a start.
But if you get it working right and you like it, good man. *like thumb*

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's space for the amp I'd struggle with which put me off. Without cramming stuff on my tv stand there's no where for it to go and I didn't fancy the mess or buying a new tv table.

I've no doubt there's better performance for price in what you recommend so I'm sure for others or in different circumstances they are great. The advice is appreciated. I am very happy with the soundbar even up loud it is nice and clear.

Listerine & Poledo
that's good then, provided you're happy with the results, thats what its all about.
unlike the hokey kokey, which is in no way what anything is about.

Inferno 182 CUP
I'm with Adam, I have a seperates system as my current house and bought the soundbar for the new house and I'm quite happy with it. It's the model up from Adams and it will be on the wall behind the TV so literally invisible and I'm very happy with its sound quality considering it's just a sound bar