ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Central Driving Meet

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Arranging a driving meet has been discussed a few times at meets so I thought I'd start a thread. The plan is for the meet to take place early Sunday morning on one of the following dates:

Sunday 8th November
Sunday 22nd November
Sunday 29th November

Haven't decided on a final route yet so if you have any ideas for a starting or finishing point post them up. Ideally we'd end at a good location for a chat, bite to eat and taking pics.

No heroes and please read this http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=411819

If your interested put you name down, along with which dates you can do.

1. atouba (any date)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

leeboy182

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)

Nothing at the mo :(
this will be my first meet so hopefully it will be ok for me to come :D

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
4. Damo_sport (any date but if i get told to late i cant come.. need to book it of at work)

Guys, you can't exclude the 1.2's etc.

If they want to come and catch you up the next time you stop, then that's up to them! lol.. But you can't say their not allowed to come.

Plus all the 1.2's can hit 70mph, as obviously that's as fast as you'll all be going anyway? ;)

I don't think that I can shed enough weight in the time frame available to keep up with Fletch and Tim. It was bad enough trying to keep up with the gallardo I was following this morning, Although he was a wimp on the brakes all the time. lol. Good ol Clio twisty power.

I'd be up for this possibly, depending on the route/weather/people that go... I'd also consider capping it from 5 to 10 cars max as more people there are, the more people are going to get lost/driving like lunatics to try and catch up...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think that I can shed enough weight in the time frame available to keep up with Fletch and Tim. It was bad enough trying to keep up with the gallardo I was following this morning, Although he was a wimp on the brakes all the time. lol. Good ol Clio twisty power.

lol..

I'd be up for this possibly, depending on the route/weather/people that go... I'd also consider capping it from 5 to 10 cars max as more people there are, the more people are going to get lost/driving like lunatics to try and catch up...

I agree Nick.

Formally Clio 182
1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
4. timmmah (Sunday 8th/22nd November)

Was going to organise a breakfast run, but looks like it's been organised for me. :p

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
Might pop along to this if it doesn't coincide with my ring trip. Kerry you can come with me if I go.

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
It doesn't, but working on 29th so...

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
4. timmmah (Sunday 8th/22nd November)
5. azrael (Sunday 8th/22nd November)

this will be my first meet so hopefully it will be ok for me to come :D

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
4. Damo_sport (any date but if i get told to late i cant come.. need to book it of at work)

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
4. timmmah (Sunday 8th/22nd November

people have left me out.. why?

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
5. Damo sport. (any date)

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
6. azrael (Sunday 8th/22nd November)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

You need to test out those coilovers so put your name down.

Limiting numbers is probably a good idea. Any suggestions for routes?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
7. white striped bandit (any date)

should be good, shirly its got to involve morestead rd. ie pistonheads hampshire ring?

RB 182 cup
Sounds good. Just slightly paranoid about police!

1. atouba(any date)
2. Fletcher(any date)
3. Leeboy182(any date)
7. white striped bandit (any date)
8. Marty (22nd only)

Last edited:

S23

The Cleee-O
Guessing a DCi 80 won't be quick enough? :dapprove: I would only be able to come If I could sort my camber out anyway I guess. Would you be going to a specific location afterwards for photos and lunch? Or is it just gonna be luck of the draw where the pace-setter decides? :p

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Fletch can I try your new seats out for this if it goes ahead... :rasp:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im in with Nick on this....depends on routes and numbers.
Also i'd highly recommend an early start otherwise you will just be sat behind every Sunday afternoon Doris going which you'll then get people trying to overtake and then it all gets reckless....trust me...i've organised enough of these to know.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Indeed! Ollie sort one out for the 'Elite' for around march next year!

I've pretty much put to bed any Run plans for the end of the year. Weather is cack and the early mornings are too dark......but i'll get the 'select' involved in some good runs next year with a couple of capped group runs as well.