ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers for Sport wings

I have obtained a pair of front wings from a 182 along with the bumper ready to fit to my DCI. I know that the wings are more flared out than the standard ones, thus I've been looking into hubcentric spacers. As they come in various sizes, how thick does it need to be to sit nicely with the wings?

This might be a silly question, but do I also need spacers for the rear too?

I had 25mm spacers when i had my rep. Wheels sat well in the arches and had no rubbing (untill i lowered it on coilovers).

You dont need spacers for the rear when fitting the sport kit but you can if you want the wheels to sit a little further out

Clio 2.0 16v 182
As above 20-25 mm will do for the front. The rear on a non sport lack the stub axles that sports have. 10mm will make it but 15-20mm will bring the wheels almost flush with the rear quarter.

As above 20-25 mm will do for the front. The rear on a non sport lack the stub axles that sports have. 10mm will make it but 15-20mm will bring the wheels almost flush with the rear quarter.
Can't I install these stub axles that are required to bring out the wheels?
I have the rear bumper as well, but I suspect this is the same size as all other models. I think it'll look a bit weird if the rear wheels aren't modified at least a little.
Any brands to consider or avoid? I was initially quite hesitant with these spacers as I wasn't too sure on how safe they are. Do you think it causes any increased wear and tear?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Proper hub centric spacers are sound as a pound. But go for trusted brands like h&r, eibach etc. not sure if the stub axles can be put Kim non sports but they're annoying to get off in the first place. I thought it was easier to switch the whole rear beam when I did a brake conversion.

Is switching the rear (or front) beam more expensive than getting the spacers?
On the sport models are the front and rear wheels the same width apart, or are the rears ones closer together than the front? Just seems a little weird to have front and back at different measurements apart in case it causes some odd handling as the wider track at the front will grip better than the back.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Don't know if it's expensive. It's easy if you got the tools for it. (Jack, stands and sockets)

The stub axles don't space out that much (8mm I think). I think the track is very slightly wider at the front. But this barely has effect. Most people space front and rear differently because they have theories such as wider front track allows more stable turning.

Been looking at the spacers for 25mm. Looks like its going to set me back about £100-£130 new. These are for the Eibach brand.
Should I consider second hand ones if they're available? I'm just worried incase they might be damaged somehow and might send my wheels flying off on the motorway where I do most of my miles.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I'd stick to reputable names. Unless they've got a warranty and written declaration of materials used, AVOID.

Extra £30-40 is nothing compared to bad spacers going wrong

Clio 2.0 16v 182
H&r and eibach are the big ones. Other than those, just make sure they're vouched for by a legit distributor

Thanks. Had a look. With the unbranded ones there is a huge difference in price of about £50+
Perhaps if I'm going to spend a little extra, this will be parts to spent it on (and probably the arch liners, if I can't find any second hand ones)

Thanks looked into Delta Mics, much cheaper than the brands above?
When fitting what's the procedure, is there any treatment required, like greasing etc before fitting?
I'm considering the 25mm as I'd like them to not go any further out than the arches, I want to get a factory look as much as possible.

SQ5
If you really really really push they are quite soft and shear but I doubt you'll be able to do that!

OK, cool.
I'm considering the 25mm ones, but then thought, as the suspension dips, if they sit perfectly flush with the wings, wouldn't they collide? Are there any pics of 182 wheels on a rep with 25mm that someone can show me?