ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers, on a track car........ ??

Track 172cup
would you ??

never used spacers (hubcentric) before as i have never liked the idea of it but how safe actually is it especially on a track car where it's going to be put through its paces a bit more than usual ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
NEVER!

Horrid things! I had some hubcentric ones on my 197. They lasted about 3 days. Made the car sooooo twitchy and nervous, especially on the brakes.

Track 172cup
NEVER!

Horrid things! I had some hubcentric ones on my 197. They lasted about 3 days. Made the car sooooo twitchy and nervous, especially on the brakes.

did you use them to widen the stance of the car or to bring different wheels back to the correct offset for the car ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Widen the stance. 12mm iirc, i would never track a car with spacers.

Track 172cup
good to get another opinion on it cheers mate, i'm of the same opinion as you tbh and haven't even considered them on a road car let alone a track car

was just wondering if anyone had any opinions to fight the case that they would be ok as i don't know a great deal about them

SQ5
I use 25mm spacers either side. Hubcentrics, touch wood, never had a problem. Although when running non hubcentric the bolt holes did lengthen and fucked the hub!

Done around 500 miles on track with them on I reckon