ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers ,what size would you reconmend ??

clio 172
Im after geting some spacers to fill the arch gap. Now i deffo dont want any rubbing ect what has every one elce fitted

25mm on a 172?! I'd go with 10mm front, 5mm rear if you have standard wheels. Or just get some with a bigger offset - my Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s were perfect for filling the arches.

phase 1 flamer 172
Wouldnt reccomend any, im sure if the clio worked better with low et wheels then renault would have fitted them.

SQ5
Depends on wheels really.

25mm front and 5/10mm rear brings everything flush.

yqagy6ub.jpg

I prefer to put a smaller ET than spacers,i think spacers harm the handling and bring you lots of vibrations.
If you put some,put same size to the four wheels of course.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
But isnt everything else different, according to what ive seen on here, and this wasnt a cup specific question.

What do you mean by everything else?

There is a difference in caster, and there is a difference in damping rate for example, but those things dont really change if extra track width is useful or not, even the basic 172s benefit from a little more track width IME

Renaults focus for the 172 wasnt just trackday handling, so there are lots of improvements that can be made to it to make it more suitable for that task, so I think the "renault didnt do it so it cant possibly work" line you are taking isnt a very useful one to someone wanting to improve their car's handling on track.