ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers.. Yes or no..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
As title says really, im unsure wether or not i should get some spacers just to bring the wheels out a little more or leave it...

qeva9a2u.jpg

ma7ere9u.jpg

I'm going to be going 20mm on the front and 5 or 10mm on the rear for mine (just need to measure the rear to make sure).

If I can get away with my normal bolts on 5mm, then ill probably go with that. (Is it safe to do that)
If I have to get extended bolts, then ill just go with 10mm, seeing as i've got to pay out for bolts anyway.

It'll certainly look a lot better spaced out. ;)

Yes get spacers :)

I'm going to be going 20mm on the front and 5 or 10mm on the rear for mine (just need to measure the rear to make sure).

If I can get away with my normal bolts on 5mm, then ill probably go with that. (Is it safe to do that)
If I have to get extended bolts, then ill just go with 10mm, seeing as i've got to pay out for bolts anyway.

It'll certainly look a lot better spaced out. ;)

I've got a spare set of extended wheel bolts when I had 9.5mm spacers ;)

RS6 C7
does it not mess with the handling?
Usually improves it as it widens the cars track and lowers the roll centre. It usually makes the vehicle more stable in a straight line and when under heavy breaking etc.

Most people won't notice the difference on a road going car, It seems to be mainly for aesthetics on here.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Bearing wear isnt an issue for me, can replace them easily enough..

Hoping to track the car this year so it may also help with that :rasp:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've never driven a spaced car but am I right in thinking it must dull the turn in to a degree?

Does seem to mostly be done for looks, I like how mine drives so doubt ill ever do it.