ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plug choices...

Has anyone ahd some of those NGK R sparks plugs in for a while, what are they like for fuel consumption etc...

Plus, has anyone tried some iridium tipped plugs.. better fuel consumption or myth?

Nissan R35 GT-R

"Sports" plugs are just a performance myth. If you have not modified your car much beyond exhaust, filter, ECU etc. then just stick to the same spec plug as what was already in there.

Iridium plugs are good however. They do not improve fuel consumption, but generate a more reliable spark. This will not improve performance, but will last a little longer and be a little kinder to your engine.

Not entirely, older cars with f**ked plugs will notice an increase, but only because its getting towards standard power again!

BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s BoschSuper4s

I love these plugs :D 4 electrodes

Nissan R35 GT-R

Bosch Super 4s will offer a great deal of durabliity, but again - no power gain.

As soon as 1 electrode dies, fouls, breaks etc, the spark will just jump to the next nearest one.

Skoda Fabia vRS

the thing with Super 4s is that because of all the electrodes it can hamper the flames ability to grow

but, they do have 4 electrodes so its highly likely they will always fire, an they last for ages

im runnin em myself at the moment

oh yea, an NGK R plugs arent a specific type of NGK plug, if its got R printed on the side then all that means is its got a resistor in it

FRST and 106 GTi

Ive tried almost everything about spark plugs...

bosh, ngk, champion, beru, brisk and a few more I cant remember.

the thing: use the specific ones for your engine. Keep them in good shape.

Spark Plugs wont give you more power!!! thats a fact!!! changing old ones for new ones will give a better rev yes, but thats because the old ones were killing your bhp!!!

If you use N2O, High modified CR, Turboed a non-turbo engine or anything else that wild, then you should be aware of a new type of spark plugs.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Dan, if you find out the NGK standard part code for your Williams, i can find out the other plugs available (e.g. gold/platinum etc...)

ive just ordered some NGK Gold Palladium plugs for my 1.4, should get em in the mornin

dan why dont you speak to nick hill he recommended that I stuck with standard plugs because i had a standard 1.816v but if i had a tuned engine that the ngk would be best he warned me off of splitfire

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 14 February 2003

Ben, which are you usin on the RT?

BCP5ES ?.......standard copper core ?
tell u the truth.....i dunno...not looked in ages.

ive got ngk platimums in mine with 8.5mm magnicore leads and they definetely gave me a big power increase (but it was running on three cylinders before)

FRST and 106 GTi

how much bhp now? std 140bhp since you got it fixed?

till now, no one has showed that spark pulgs gives more power.

Magnecore leads only gets rid off the electrical interference that could be made by the std (not so good on isolation) leads.

Ecu needs to get clear signal from the engine sensors...

Sorry, read it carefully. I was having problems with ignition and it was only running on three cylinders i.e not much power. I changed to ngks and magnicore and it restored the original power. i was trying to be funny, i guess it didnt work.

The car did feel more responsive though, but that could have been cos i was driving round for ages with old plugs and leads. i also changed to a performance air filter element which probably made a difference.

Ive just bought some standard champion ones the little sticker on the engine block recommends... the ones that came out were shagged...coked up and hardly any electrode left...should be in for a nice surprise when I take it for a spin.

Brun, let me know how you get on with those platinum plugs, might give them a whirl if they prove themselves with you

Skoda Fabia vRS

Gold Palladium mate, not platinum

fitted em an just been out for a blast, no major improvement obviously but i definitely think these are the best plugs i have used and are better than the super 4s i had in previously, a lot more responsive now from starts and gear changes.....

my search for the best plug for my car is over, just buy these from now on