ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plug gaps

VX220
Hi,

My sisters clio is suufering at the moment and we're pretty sure its down to the spark plugs. We've had a look at the gap and it does appear pretty big. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the proper gap so she doesn't end up spending a few quid un-necessarily.

They're for a 51 reg 1.2 8v, I think it's running the older engine though, as there's no engine cover like on the newer models I've seen

Cheers, Alex

Lots of Alfas
The gap should be 0.9mm iirc. They should be replaced with NGK BKR5EK which will have the gap preset. I replaced mine at 72k and it made the world of difference, the engine runs much smoother.

Chocolate Bar™
judging by the way your sister drove to sheffield i'm not surprised its fooked ;) as per our discussion on the phone take it to adrian wilson, he'll sort it out for you, It is an 8v as well