ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spark plugs for 182 cup

Clio 182 cup
So, I feel like I am opening a can of worms here! I'm a brand new Clio owner and feel like I have a lot to learn!

I've had the car 3 weeks, not driven it very much, it's had quite a lumpy idle and when I took it out last night it developed a constant misfire!! Sounds like it's only firing on three!

I suspect (hope!) it's a spark plug, so plan to renew them all, but there seems to be controversy about what to use?

Help please...........

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Genuine plugs is all you need. Or I use the R26 ones. @George@RTR_Parts will e able to sort you out.

Have you got a flashing EML along with the misfire? They suffer injector problems a lot. Along with the usual leads and coilpacks.

Clio 182 cup
The EML has been on solid most of the time, something I needed to investigate anyway! but started flashing when it started missing

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I can get you sorted with the correct plugs , and injectors, leads, coilpack etc aswel if needed. The 172/182 don't like other plugs barring the NGK, so check what's in the car and condition of them

Send me a message once you know what you're after mate

correct plugs:

Clio 182 cup
Thank you George
Do you think it's most likely an injector? if so how much are they?
Do you have an email address i could use?

Steve

Clio 172 ph1
You can check the resistance of your injectors to see if they are at fault - should be around 16 ohms.

Also 100% recommend ordering from George if you haven't already - ordered from him a few weeks back and got the parts the next morning!