ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plugs??

Red197
My car is hitting some sort of limater at 6K. Reanult have told me its the plugs. They said std plugs were £15 each, just thought this was a bit pricey. They said my plugs were arcing???

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Johnny_52 said:
My car is hitting some sort of limater at 6K. Reanult have told me its the plugs. They said std plugs were £15 each, just thought this was a bit pricey. They said my plugs were arcing???

Had to change my plugs at 36k miles on a mk2 172 .It was juddering up to about 2500 revs . Got it checked out on the comp at the local bosch garage , got the plugs changed and its been good as new ( touch wood ) ever since . So much for 72k eh !

MrBillyUK !

Johnny_52 said:

This is similar to what seems to be happening in my car, i cant use the full range of revs and sometimes no where near (like 4.5/5k) i have no idea and have posted about it before and still have the problem its pissing me off so much. ive ordered some NGK sparks and am hoping this fixes it but i doubt it will. It feels just like hitting the limiter and except lower revs and the little green light doesnt seems to come on

Is there anyone that could help??

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
I have similar problem but with idling on my 172 cup. I have changed plugs to standard and magnecor leads with still no joy. I am getting some ecu remapping software next week with all gear so gonna give that a go see if it makes a difference. Will let you all know and if it does will do some cheap remapping on here