ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spark plugs?

200bhp itb'd iceberg
hi im a newbie here so dont no much but i wana change the plugs in my 172sport took the engine cover off today but the plugs are located under the inlet manifold would it have to be a garage job or can it be done ur self
also what plugs would you recomend using?
thanks
jono

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go with these - NGK PFR6E-10

Can be found on Ebay easily and at a decent price and Yes you can do your spark plugs at home

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Just take enough off the inlet manifold so you can move the manifold accross a bit then you can get at the plugs mate. You don't have to remove it completely.

And before someone tells me it's not called the inlet manifold I'll warn you now that I couldn't give a sh1t

200bhp itb'd iceberg
Just take enough off the inlet manifold so you can move the manifold accross a bit then you can get at the plugs mate. You don't have to remove it completely.

And before someone tells me it's not called the inlet manifold I'll warn you now that I couldn't give a sh1t

ok mate do you know of any guides on here to doing it?

Ph1

Might make a difference especially if the lad does a search and then ends up taking half his engine to bits because he read he had to take his ''inlet'' off to get to the plugs lol ;)

Yup, inlet is indeed the bottom part, plenum (spelt wrong) is the top bit :eek:

Ph1
Rough guide:

Remove the bolts on the front of the plenum (spelt wrong lol), 10mm socket

2 bolts also located at the back of the engine either side of the coil pack.

Unplug sensors and TB cable if required depending on the access you can get.

Very easy job fella

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
There is a guide on this forum with pics, makes the job even easier.......