ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plugs

clio sport 172
My 172 has a rough idle. its been suggested I change the plugs, got advice on the sort of plugs I should get, then took the cover off the engine ....looks like a complete strip down to just change the plugs. Got a Haynes manual but doesnt cover the 2.0l engine. Any advice?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
You need to remove the inlet manifold, iirc its only 4-5 bolts, then remove the coil plugs, then you have easy access to the plugs,

Just done it myself this week, didnt have a clue what to do but was easy enough :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah its only 4 bolts to get the inlet mani off, then unbolt your coil pack (Black box at the back of the manifold) and whip it off.

Expect the plugs to be covered in oil. They all seem to do it, its nothing to worry about.

ITB'd MK1
7 bolts, a jubilee clip, 4 ht leads, couple of vac pipes and a couple of plugs to get the plenum off. dont unbolt the coil, just pull the plugs off.

ibiza cupra
dont be too alarmed if it dosent do much when you have changed them as they have quite a lumpy idle anyway as normal.

yea ive done mine today, the old plugs i took out were goosed but even putting new ones in didnt help. taking the inlet off is eay just make sure you cover the inlets up so no bolts fall down

Clio 172 RS2
Reset the ECU... take off the battery leads.
(you have the HU codes... right?)

Rough idle is when cold or warm motor?