ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark Plugs

Hi guys quick question,

when should i be changing the plugs on my 06 plate 197 with 30k. The reason i ask is its running really rough and misfiring when cold.

Also the car is booked in at renault for a software upgrade that they say will improve it up to 80%. Has anyone had this upgrade is it worth the money as i have to pay for it as warranty is out of date

Thanks in advance!!

RS200 Cup
Try the spark plugs first, in fact just get it serviced if it hasn't been done recently. As for how often it should be done, depends on how you drive it, I tend to get a service a bit more often than prescribed by manufacturer.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hi guys quick question,

when should i be changing the plugs on my 06 plate 197 with 30k. The reason i ask is its running really rough and misfiring when cold.

Also the car is booked in at renault for a software upgrade that they say will improve it up to 80%. Has anyone had this upgrade is it worth the money as i have to pay for it as warranty is out of date

Thanks in advance!!

Is that a remap that renault do? Never heard of them tuning cars?

RS200 Cup
Is that a remap that renault do? Never heard of them tuning cars?

It's not a remap as such, but yes, Renault will update software to a later version, in an effort to iron out jumpyness and other problems such as those that OP is having. If the car has been alright for 30k, it probably just needs a service, how much does the update cost?

i have only recently brought it so i dont know if its just started or what. Whats the best plugs to get and ill get some tomorrow. It has a full service history and its not due a service yet. This software upgrade is costing just over 60 pounds and its not a performance upgrade just a upgrade to smooth out the running of the car.