ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plugs

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm planning on changing plugs next weekend. From what i understand there are two gaskets.
One of these:
And one of these.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Ok cool let me know how you get on then maybe ill attempt doing mine

I did them yesterday, it was surprisingly easy, probably 2 spanners from the old Haynes scale.
Unclip two tensors from either side of the inlet, pull off the little vacuum pipe from the throttle body, unplug and unbolt the coil pack (2 x 10 mm bolts) then place it on the drivers side suspension strut, disconnect the inlet pipe (more 10mm bolts) and unbolt to the inlet. NB you need to lift the inlet straight up as the breather protrudes from the rocker into the inlet manifold.
Unclip the wires to the throttle body (access is easier when you can get underneath). Prop up the inlet securely as you don't want it to fall down and mash what ever you're working on. Pull leads from plugs one at a time and remove plugs. Plug torque is 25NM. Check rocker cover for any oil leaks while you've got access (not that you can do much about it without a new cambelt). Clean up gasket faces and re-fit with fresh gaskets. Torque for inlet bolts is 12NM. Make sure everything is done up, plugged in and torqued up correctly and away you go. Took about 30 minutes, even with a fair amount of faffing about and looking for tools.
I've got a spare, new breather plate gasket if you need one?