ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spax equipment

clio mk2 1.4 16v
Just wondering why people rate there stuff so lowly? Is this because people use their springs without uprated dampers and are surprised when their standard dampers get knackered?

I was looking at the vsx kit for a 1.4 16v mk2 and it has a better warranty than koni's equivalent at the same price.

Can someone with real world experience please elaborate as to why clio owners give spax kits such bad press?

Thanks in advance

Westy. MX5
Spax parts used to fall apart too early in their life due to poor quality. About 2 years ago the company had a shake up and have said there their parts are much improved in quality. Convincing us is the hard part after years of poor feedback. So that is why no one endorses Spax these days.

Black Clio GT
they are not progresly wound compared to high end springs like eibach/h&r/koni so dont work with standard dampers very well and the price of the spring/damper kit competes with the price of cheap coilovers.
imo i rate a spring/damper kit over the cheap coilovers anyday, the only thing is you cant play with the ride height but if that doesnt bother you then crack on and buy em.....

had a set on my old corsa b about 8 years ago and dint have aproblem with them...

clio mk2 1.4 16v
Adjustable ride height isn't really an issue, as about a 40mm drop is all i want. And i wouldnt really consider using any uprated springs without matched dampers to go with them.

Well i hope they aren't still crap, but then again if things do go wrong within 2 years of buying them at least they are covered.

260% JCW
Had Spax on my Mk5 Zs, thought they were great for the price. Its just like GAZ shock's, some people rate them and some dont because they've had a bad experience, or they know of someone who has. Some people are like sheep, Its up to you at the end of the day.

BG 182 FF
had spax on my 1.2 16v was a good piece of suspension in my opinion, however as stated earlier in the thread the build quality could be better, my rear spring snapped in 2 after about 15 months, however that is the only problem I ever had with them. My mate had there coilovers on his gt and loved them though.

clio mk2 1.4 16v
Cheers for the comments lads, i will have to get saving then as my insurance company will try and rinse me no doubt.