ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax rsx fitting issue

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Hi there, I'm currently in the process of fitting some spax coilovers and the rears seem to go straight through
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414842354.603471.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414842374.571065.jpg

172 Cup
I fitted my spax rear coilovers recently had no problems if the threads are going through that much they must be assembled incorrectly or missing the rubber bushes or something have you got the fitting instructions? If not then email spax they should be able to email you a copy but bear in mind that the newer rear coilovers are different (no helper spring) so make sure u have the correct fitting instructions.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Wheres the rubber bushes gone that normally sit above / below that point where it enters the car?

They're on there now, I had to bore them out to fit, I'm currently stumped on what thread pattern it is, as it definitely isn't metric

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I fitted my spax rear coilovers recently had no problems if the threads are going through that much they must be assembled incorrectly or missing the rubber bushes or something have you got the fitting instructions? If not then email spax they should be able to email you a copy but bear in mind that the newer rear coilovers are different (no helper spring) so make sure u have the correct fitting instructions.

Hi Dan, i just check now, i'm purely now just trying to find a correctly threaded nut, i have a feeling its unf just not too sure on size.