ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spaxo . . Haters???

Saxo VTR
Got a few mates with clios on here, get a bit of piss taken out me for having a saxo . . because naturally there Pikey.
What are your opinions on mine?

picture1.jpg

Wonderful055.jpg

So . . . . Prepare myself for abuse ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You Adam's mate then? I think I recognise the car (the clio)

You from around this way? Can't say I've seen your saxo....

I like most of it, bar the bonnet raisers, awful. Oh and the fact you only have one bucket seat. ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Gheys! Saxo's are ace if we a talking nice unmolested VTR/VTS

ITB'd MK1
Nothing wrong with Saxos, just a ruined reputation from being owned by tossers in the majority.

erm.....you do know someone painted your wheels purple?

Saxo VTR
You Adam's mate then? I think I recognise the car (the clio)

You from around this way? Can't say I've seen your saxo....

I like most of it, bar the bonnet raisers, awful. Oh and the fact you only have one bucket seat. ;)

Whos adam? That clio is my mate Alex's. He aint had it long tho.

Tbh saxos are pretty crap, build quality isnt exactly the best. But there fun to drive, and isnt that much slower than the 172 in the photo.

ph1 track weapon
i want a spaxo. wanna ghetto mod it too. attack it with an angle grinder and make it as light as possible!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nothing wrong with Saxos, just a ruined reputation from being owned by tossers in the majority.

erm.....you do know someone painted your wheels purple?

Exactly. VTS would be my choice, but a VTR is very underrated, lovely old school lift over over steer hatch imo

Saxo VTR
Exactly. VTS would be my choice, but a VTR is very underrated, lovely old school lift over over steer hatch imo

Mate you wouldn't believe the amount of tools on sax-p. No joke some guy the other day was complaining because he put his £600 vtr through a farmers hedge and the farmer wanted £60 for the hedge, he couldnt afford to pay for it because he has no job and a baby on the way.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye, other half has a standard 106 GTI, love it! She used to have a VTR, i think they are a good drivers car, plenty of lessons to be learnt about handling imo. Just a shame loads fell into the wrong hands :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Truth be told, I'd rather have a clean VTS than a 106 GTi.

Standard though. Or maybe just breathing mods and coilovers.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheap as chips and good all-rounders, imo. I've only driven a VTR though, not a VTS yet. Would look better with the alloys being black rather than purple. :)

D.

Saxo VTR
They handle quite well with the basic suspension and tyres mods, but wouldnt say there very stable to drive. If you dont pay attention you can get understeer, lift off oversteer.

Saxo VTR
Cheap as chips and good all-rounders, imo. I've only driven a VTR though, not a VTS yet. Would look better with the alloys being black rather than purple. :)

D.

But then i'd be just like everyone else. I've painted other parts to kind of make purple a bit of a theme.

Saxo VTR
How badly would you be killed if you crashed in a VTS/R compared to a 106 GTi?

Erm you'd be dead in either.
IIRC there the GTI is basically the same car as the VTS just different body work. Still about as strong as a midget with parkinsons.

Seen an AWESOME Saxo parked outside mine the other day.

Had a saxperiance sticker in the window i think. Would be great if you were on that forum and knew the car i'm talking about - pictures would be great!

It's blue, has a huge spoiler for downforce (It needed it, by the sound of it).
Had a massive hood, with slats, cuts and gashes with a raised middle (I'm asumeing this was down to the massive turbo engine conversion under it, which brings me onto my next point...)
It had a dump valve noise when it drove away, so it must have a turbo - i'm guessing its fast. (I suspect an electronic noise thing to be down with the cruisers).
It also had an awesome, silver contrasting intake cone in the lower bumper (Every saxo owner knows maximum air flow to their turbo = more maxPOWER).
Think it had wolf face wheels, or what ever they are.
Huge exhaust to get that power out.

If you know the car, please post it. I could do with another laugh.

Last edited:
  Iceberg 172
Nothing wrong with a Saxo... VTS = Bargain 106 GTI.

But tbh the bonnet and wheels look crap. STD facelifted vts wheels, slightly lowered. Done.

What really annoys me about the pikey saxo owners is slamming it on the back as it's free and buying cheap shite springs for the front that don't lower it enough and ruin the handling... which is it's saving grace tbh.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I'd have a Saxo VTS and put up with the image problem. Anyone who knows anything about cars IMO appreciates the VTS for what it is, a performance bargain with quite a bit of potential:approve:

Saxo VTR
Nothing wrong with a Saxo... VTS = Bargain 106 GTI.

But tbh the bonnet and wheels look crap. STD facelifted vts wheels, slightly lowered. Done.

What really annoys me about the pikey saxo owners is slamming it on the back as it's free and buying cheap s**te springs for the front that don't lower it enough and ruin the handling... which is it's saving grace tbh.

wouldn't say it was free. Could you lower a torsion beam? And if you dont lower it stupidly and put decent shocks on then the handling isnt ruined.

I will admit that some saxo owners have questionable tastes though.
Enjoy these beauties. P.S i think i found the one mentioned above.

PHwoar.jpg

Phwoar2.jpg

Phwoar3.jpg

Charged Superleggera
not too sure on the purple wheels and lifters but the rest looks nice. they are very capable cars to say the least. been in a mates vts a few times and it felt faster than my other mates galanza.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I think you gonna hate your trackday this week Sir Dave and need to sell it to me!!!

Awesome build thread mate!!!