ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speaker guide?

Renault clio 04
is there some sort of guide where i can view how to replace the front door speakers dashboard tweeters on a clio mk2 dynamque 04?

also i am only going to replace the front speakers and make the fade slightly forward, is this a good idea or will the sound quality still be greatly reduced?

Listerine & Poledo
There is a guide, but it requires you to be a fully paid-up member.

If you're keeping the OEM headunit, no amount of tinkering or replacement speakers will get decent quality output. Change the head unit first, then get a small sub and cut low frequencies to the OEM speakers.

works fine for me

Renault clio 04
only thing with replacing the headunit is i heard that the steering wheel volume control wont work after, but anyway, any recommendations for a decent headunit?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have a Connects 2 adapter from MTaudio on here, you will find him if you pay up to become a full member, it allows the stalk controls to work on my pioneer.

Listerine & Poledo
You can get a steering-control adaptor for most headunits worth having. More of a concern is the dash-top pod will be 90% dead if you change HU, this too
can be remedied by the right cable for the job, but which one is a tought job to ascertain.

I'd suggest an Alpine head unit and not the entriest-level model!

MT AUdio (on ere) knows all there is to know, drop him a line, hell, he may even have some discount parts you could use

ITB BG 182
When it comes to audio mate with these cars you will have to upgrade the HU to get a better sounding system with more features.

I currently have a Pioneer deh 8300sd which will run music from an SD card upto 16gb, CD player, Radio and has usb and AUX inputs too.
Its got loads of other features about it and for a small price MT Audio will supply you with the correct cables.

Then speaker wise I would say Focals all day long, they run brilliantly off this HU without the need of an amp, even the entry level spec ones at £60 are fantastic and better when amped.
If you can, take the leap and convert from the 5.25"s to the 6.5"s as you'll get a better sound stage.

After this if you decide you want more bass you can get a nice'ish sub for the £100 - £200 mark and an amp for £150 ish that will boom enough.

All ya do is set the high pass filters on the HU to not do bass through the speakers and let the sub do the work.

My current system costs about £500 and im hitting 3000/1000 watts/rms on the sub with the amp not even peaked then a loud out from the focals.

As for Alpine, yea good head units but your paying more for the name than the actual product. I had an x305 before this Pioneer and would rate the Pioneer to be better at a 1/3 of the price.

Speakers are easy to remove.
Doors, pop the cover off with a screwdriver. Two torx screws. Done.
Tweeters. Can be done without removing dash with a fiddle. Twist the grill covers anticlockwise (I think) and lift off.
Then use a screwdriver to work the tweeter free, they don't always line up directly below the hole, and unplug.

Listerine & Poledo
But no point doing the speakers unless you get a mew head unit.

then you'll need to we-wire cross-overs in too if you keep components.

and THAT , from what I understand, is a dash-off job :(

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
The drivers side tweeter will just come straight out, however the passengers side is off centre thanks to typical French design!

Here's the said tweeter, some of Renaults pride worthy work (detect my sarcasm!)
021klx.jpg

As for the other speakers, if you're not sure what you're doing, just get the Pioneer straight replacements, they're simply click and play, no faffing about. Just remove the covers, remove the two torque screws, unplug, plug in new ones, refit the two screws and cover up, jobs a good un!

025ofu.jpg

026xu.jpg

PS, always use a trim tool or wrap the end of a screw driver to avoid scratching yo s**t!

Last edited: