ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker info needed

clio 182, both cup packs.
Sorry if its already been asked a million times, just registered on site and am overwhelmed by all the helpful advice!

Anyway, just started installing a system, bought a £200 alpine ipod headunit, new 10" sony sub (cheap, but any good?) in small custom enclosure (made to fit over wheelarch). Thats as far as i've got. Yet to buy an amp but after the Alpine 700w 2 channel for sub (about £120) and upgrade the front speakers.

Firstly, do the speaker grilles front and rear come off or is it a door card/panel removal jobbie?

Second, if so what size are front and rear, and is there enough clearance for co-axials behind grilles? I heard for componants the dash has to be removed to replace tweeters.

Sorry for essay, cheers guys (and girls?)

Golf TDI
yes the grills just pull of with a bit of force , 5 inch front speakers and 4 inch on the back ~:)

LY 182
both front and rear are 13cm (5.25in). the fronts if you fit components the dash top needs to come off to change the tweeters/run the wiring...
grills pull off

clio 182, both cup packs.
Oh, seems simple! Went to a top end audio shop and they reckoned they would have to remove door card for definate - they said it was all one moulded piece, so i just took their word for it, havn't bothered to look myself yet!

"Navy" N17 TWO
No the dash-off is easy, I've seen mine come off in the workshop.

Undo all the screws and pop it off :)

As for speakers, I will confirm both front & rear are 13cm or 5.25"