ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speakers help !!

My Legs
hello , im new to this ice thing so bare with me, i have a fusion head unit already and i want to upgrade the speakers in the front and the back, so i was looking at the fusion ones on the halfords website.

1 : thing is i dont know what size the front and rear speakers are
2 : tweeters ? do i need the dash off ?
3 : componet? 2 Way ?

or if anyone knows which fusion speakers are the ones that i should buy, i just want a good sound, considering its summer and i donthave aircon ill have the windows down and i want to be able to hear the radio...

anything i have missed? surely i wont need an amp?

thanks

Tim

Clio 182
Tim,

Firstly I appreciate you may have budget issues, however there are better speakers than Fusion!. I would recommend that you talk to a decent car audio centre (Not Halfords) The speakers are normally 5 1/4inch 13cm in both the front and the rear. I would recommend some component speakers or 2 way coaxial at the very least. You are correct should you want to fit component you will need to pop the top of the dash to gain access to the tweeters.

Fitting an amp to some decent speakers is always going to improve sound quality, but equally this can be achieved by uising a good quality head unit such as Alpine or Pioneer and some good quality door speakers, Focal, rainbow MB QUART or even Alpine to a degree would be a good starting point. I would personally budget £100 for a reasonable set of 2 way coaxials.

Hope my rant Helps?
Rich :)

My Legs
erm its confused me a bit more to be fair >..... hahaha

well ive already got a fusion head unit thats why i wanted to stick with fusion, im not really into music that much i just wanted to upgrade it cause the speakers in the car are buggered.

im not a sound freak, also do you know where i can get the sound proofing stuff from? Dynamat or something its called.

thanks

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
You will need to remove the dash to change the speakers/tweeters.

You will need also to use a component set of speakers.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
i can understand the reason of likeing the head unit to buy it, but there is soo much more out there to look at, but reasons to buy fusion speakers there are no good reasons, even the reason of buget doesn't cover it
just stick with what you have got and get a component set in the front, and wire it to the h/u then in time buy an amp for them then rear speakers if you sit in the back much[doubt you do as you drive the thing] and then sub

another little tip get a 4channel amp as you can wire the componets up using two channels and then you have the other two free for time to come for a sub.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
a quick how too

firstly remove the fusion headunit,

next

go to the tool box and get the largest hammer you can find

next

repeatedly smash the living s**t out of the headunit

next go to somewhere other than Halfrauds to buy your stuff.

a good website for audio equipment and at a better price is http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/home.html.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
2nd that, or motor world as they allways dun me good, maybe to the reason my mate works there and i get 25% off eerything audio but hey im not complainin.

whens he getting sacked?lol

audio is about sound not about looks,you dont buy it look good and sound shite do you?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Fusion and a lot of other makes are blinding people with "attractive" colours and fancy plastic bits stuck here and there. Underneath is nothing worth talking about SORRY.

My Legs
ill let you fusion haters know how it goes, as far as im concered is that they will sound better than the crap i have in now.