ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Special offer if you just want to replace your back box.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We have securred a batch of Renault sport back boxes to fit to alll Clio 2 models (exceot the 172/182) from the 1.2 to the 1.6 (inc the 1.5 diesel).

Details can be found here http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2402 and the price is just £99+vat.

They are ideal if you want to spruce up the back of the car but do not want to buy a complete system.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
im interested are they better than the PECO?

Definately.

There are not too noisy but do give a slightl sorty sound to the exhaust. Please remember these were an official Renault uograde so they would not want them to be too loud.

David.

Leon Cupra R 225
These aren't too loud at all, we're an option on the later mk2's iirc. Can sound beefy though at the right moment.

A good option over the standard box on most mk2's which you can't even see as it's tucked right up like a stealth system.........

TeZ

Non RS : (
These aren't too loud at all, we're an option on the later mk2's iirc. Can sound beefy though at the right moment.

A good option over the standard box on most mk2's which you can't even see as it's tucked right up like a stealth system.........

ummm so u dont need to cut the rear valance???

wouldnt it burn clean thorugh the plastic?

soz being blonde

Leon Cupra R 225

ummm so u dont need to cut the rear valance???

wouldnt it burn clean thorugh the plastic?

soz being blonde

nope it sits below the rear bumper mate. it won't burn through the plastic either, there's a heat shield down there if you take a look

TeZ

yea i no , sorry just thught what u ment was it sits inside the rear like a stealth lol all gd, any performance gains at all?

Leon Cupra R 225
I tried looking for a pic of one fitted mate but no luck. try autotrader and search under the latest mk2 ph3's. some of those have these backboxes fitted

Leon Cupra R 225
yea i no , sorry just thught what u ment was it sits inside the rear like a stealth lol all gd, any performance gains at all?

no probs. it's defo not stealth but it's not big and chavvy like. doubt they'll be any gains tbh as it's only a backbox. very minimal if anything.

will defo sound better though :cool:

TeZ

yea may think about it, what others are there if i dont wnna buy this and want some power gains

Leon Cupra R 225
yea may think about it, what others are there if i dont wnna buy this and want some power gains

what engine is your clio? from 1.6 upwards you can see decent gains imo.

anything less and I'm not sure it's worth thinking about gains from a zorst.

Powerflow systems do a good job and you can specify how loud / quiet you want it and the tailpipe design specifically to your taste. Usually cost around £400 inc VAT.

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/HOME.CFM

But these are the full works and not just a backbox :)

They do backboxes aswell though, of equal quality. My mate had a full 3" system on his Corsa 1.4 SRI and it sounded great and was bombproof for a good 2 years of him having it

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
OK, to clarify a few points.

We will have these available for the next couple of months, there is no need to cut your valance and the rear bracket on the exhast is adjustable for height so you should be able to get a neat fit. I would not anticipate a performance gain and once cut in the correct place (as shown on the easy to follow instructions) you can put the standard back box back on by using a special clamp that Renault sell.

David.

BMW M135i
Hmm, i'm liking the sound of this. Want a cheeky little exhaust but want to be able to put the standard backbox back on easily enough.

Any idea on the cost of this clamp to reattach the standard box or part #?

CB600FS
Fitted one of these as an optional extra but never seen one from the factory with it on. No difference in performance to be honest.

BMW M135i
Fitted one of these as an optional extra but never seen one from the factory with it on. No difference in performance to be honest.

How difficult to do? How did it look/fit/sound tom? You know of this "special" clamp to reattach the standard backbox?

got one of these on my 1.4 16v there is no extra noise, its running with itg air filter, felt slightly better when accelerating but just sounds same as standard, they are also really really heavy and ruin the rear exhaust mount.

BMW M135i
Ahh sod that then, was after a quite one but if its the same as standard then not worth bothering with I don't think. Anyone else had one?

CB600FS

How difficult to do? How did it look/fit/sound tom? You know of this "special" clamp to reattach the standard backbox?

Looked s**t, just looks like a cheap non-standard backbox (which it is) that sits below the bumper
didn't make that much difference to sound. The hangar is the same design its just modified. Didn't take long to fit on a ramp though.

edit- There is a 1.2 with one on here I'm sure I've seen the photos.

BMW M135i
Yeh there is i've found the photos and it doesn't look the best tbh, don't think i'll be bothering especially with the lack of noise.