ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Camera question

Hi guys & girls

Quick question for you. Driving home toight I noticed a small thing that looked to be sat on top of a tripod just on the grass verge to the left of the road. I did not notice until I was driving past it that this has recently been put there and that it also has a yellow square round it. My brain suddenly realised that this could have been a speed camera but I recon I was doing 45 when I passed it (40mph limit). Firstly, my Road Angel did not go off but decided to turn round and have another look. Sure enough, what do I find on the other side of the road but a Safety camera partnershipvan parked up a side street. The van must have been 50 yards from the thing because it is a main road but Im just crapping myself .

Has anyone ever seen one of these before where the van is so far away from the device?

Shouldnt speed....wont get caught.....someone think of the children......etc etc etc

never seen them though mate sorry

i have a road angel 2 maybe u be lucky and was not targeting you as your road angel did not go off.

guess you just have to wait and see i got three points thats what made me buy the road angel 2

good luck hope u aint got done

Bugger looks like Im shafted! How do these things store the data then because the guys in the van on the otherside of the road were talking on their phones!!

Clio 197

I saw one on the A37 coming down the hill, from Yeovil dorchester...

The van was parked a very long way away from the bl**dy box.

I thought they were supposed to be visible?

Next time, Im driving over the damn thing.:devilish:

Ford Fiesta

not many places use mobile radar now, prefering accurate laser devices instead. Which RA2 does pick up.

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 02 March 2005

Bugger looks like Im shafted! How do these things store the data then because the guys in the van on the otherside of the road were talking on their phones!!

Better hope it dont call em up lol :p

Not seen one yet but they sound a bit cheeky!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

You would know if this camera had caught you as you would momentarily be blinded by the flash gun going off attached...sounds like you have had a lucky escape..

One of this minigatsos got me once.

Could also have been a GPS sender unit for a survey firm that was working in the area.

We use them all the time when doing land surveys

Dave

Ziel Nurburgring

Sounds like they are getting crafty again the b******s. Its like legally jumping out from behind a hedge.

Bet you lot cant wait until the develop a night vision mobile camera. Its about the only time your safe(not that i condone speeding)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 03 March 2005
Sounds like they are getting crafty again the b******s. Its like legally jumping out from behind a hedge. Bet you lot cant wait until the develop a night vision mobile camera. Its about the only time your safe(not that i condone speeding)

think they already have mate, saw it on the news

loads of these little flashy camera s about in west london one was set up on the a40 400 yards after a speed camera clever eh ?? sorry to say matey but thats an sp30 on its way to ur door

tiTTy & SV650

I was gonna say might be surveyors theodolite but you saw a van so was most likely some kind of evil money making scheme. 45mph on your speedo might not be enough to trigger the thing though...

in a 40 zone ud need to do 44 to trigger it and the speedo aint really very accurate.

I passed a police car with a lazer gun heading in to Bradford on the 650 they were hid behind a bridge in the dark but dont think i was speeding , Coming home on the M62 late at night i had one of those very rare im gonna boot it moments and as i came up the sliproad there was a copper parked on the bridge lets just say if he had a speed gun i would need to dust off my suit.

As a truck driver i pass mobile speed traps all day its getting to the point where a day doesnt pass were some coppers pointing something at me, Also the use in umarked cars is now very varied from Beemers, WRXs to Skodas:mad:

Ford Fiesta

i have yet to come across a mobile laser in the past 3 years to test my detector!:(