ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speed cameras

renaultsport clio 182

as above, do they get you coming towards them or going away from them,just finished work and they have set a mobile one up in a van with a flash on the other side of the road.

Clio MK2 172

Your fine, if there on the opposite side of the road to you, there focussed on there side....dont lose any sleep! ;)

renaultsport clio 182

cheers baz but its not me i was worried about i was going steady its all the other lads coming out now,the cameras set up as though you are going towards it but the flash was on the other side,just a bit puzzled.:confused:

Clio MK2 172

There buggers arent they! I have a hill outside my house which they always set a mobile on (on a hand held)

I always wave as I drive passed doing 10MPH....puts a sm;)e on my face every time. ;)

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

Yeah, theres one near my house that for years has pointed down the hill with lines on the road. Then 6 months ago it changed so theres lines on BOTH sides of the road and the camera faced UP the hill!!
But, it seems that every month or so they swap the direction its facing. Its obviously so that whether ur going up or down the hill u have to be careful.

yeah theres in Reading that swivels so it can flash ppl in both directions

b******s... least i know abotu it though eh ;D

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 31 March 2005

easiest way to avoid it.........dont speed
true. but nearly impossible. 20mph feels like i mite aswel get out and walk.. funny that. because thats exaclty what this government wants. and will go to extreme lenghts to get it.

surley someone could invent a simple cheap device that clips on the lense of a speed camera and moves something @ say 50mph backwards and forwards to use all the film up in the camera ?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 31 March 2005easiest way to avoid it.........dont speed[/QUOTE]true. but nearly impossible. 20mph feels like i mite aswel get out and walk.. funny that. because thats exaclty what this government wants. and will go to extreme lenghts to get it.surley someone could invent a simple cheap device that clips on the lense of a speed camera and moves something @ say 50mph backwards and forwards to use all the film up in the camera ?

not that i agree with it all, but have lost my licence once, 6 points in 2 years rule, sucks, so now i drive on the speed limit everywhere, well almost

renaultsport clio 182

i dont mind the fixed ones in fact i agree in a way because they are usually around accident blackspots,but mobile ones being set up at 10 o,clock at night is just taking the pi*s, like last night, imo of course.

Tin of spray paint mate...

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 31 March 2005

easiest way to avoid it.........dont speed
true. but nearly impossible. 20mph feels like i mite aswel get out and walk.. funny that. because thats exaclty what this government wants. and will go to extreme lenghts to get it.

surley someone could invent a simple cheap device that clips on the lense of a speed camera and moves something @ say 50mph backwards and forwards to use all the film up in the camera ?

Quote: Originally posted by MrMichael on 30 March 2005

lol 10 mph.. give a wave.. might try that next time..!!
Hear about the guy that passed a forward facing mobile camera and waved with both his hands? Got done for careless/dangerous ( I forget ) driving as both his hands were off the wheel?

clio v6

we could always do what someone did on the a30 nr exeter... he/they went back to the camera and cut it down... then they put it in the back of their van, drove it 1 mile and threw it over the crash barrier into the river exe..

SUPERB!!:D