ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Sensor

172 Ph2 Flamer
imageupload.org
I have had trouble with my speedo for months now and i really want to get it sorted! from what it is doing and what i have read it leads me to think it is my speedo sensor can someone confirm that this is it?

cant get pic to upload so hopefully if you click link should see it?

http://img546.imageshack.us/i/img0745b.jpg/

Thanks

img0745b.jpg
img0745b.jpg
img0745b.jpg

Last edited:
  PH1 172
On a ph1 172 the speed sensor can be found on the gearbox. Ph2s the speed reading is taken from ABS rings on the rear disc I believe. Can't see the pic as I am at work.....

PH1 172
That doesn't look like the sensor to me mate....if it's not going into the gearbox mate then that is not the sensor

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
early PH2 get the speed from the gearbox too (mines a 2002 '02' and it 100% gets the speed from the gearbox)

172 Ph2 Flamer
the picture looks like the sensor to me... it's got the heat guard on it too

That's what I thought from what I have read my speedo just keeps dropping
Off and staying and 0mph then randomly comes back does this sound
Like I need a new speedo sensor? Or could it be something else?

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
That's what I thought from what I have read my speedo just keeps dropping
Off and staying and 0mph then randomly comes back does this sound
Like I need a new speedo sensor? Or could it be something else?
I have the same problem, do what i done to check yours gets the speed from the gearbox, unplug the sensor and go for a drive, if it stays off it's pretty likely that it's where it gets the reading from

172 Ph2 Flamer
I have the same problem, do what i done to check yours gets the speed from the gearbox, unplug the sensor and go for a drive, if it stays off it's pretty likely that it's where it gets the reading from

How do you get it off !!! was there for ages trying didnt want to force it just in case i break it!