ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed Trap

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I was on my to Carlisle yesterday, and pulled out of a petrol station in a 30 zone and must have been doing around or close to 40mph. When I realised this I slowed down to closer to 30mph and noticed up ahead a blue police van parked up with an A Team style sliding door on the side with a camera pointing right at me from in the vab and a guy sat behind it. Its a pretty good job I did slow down, through instinct I think, but I reckon from the distance I was away he could have still caught me closer to the 40 limit than when I slowed down to around 32 - 34mph as I approached him. Damn. Does anyone know the jist about these vans? I have a ban which I received 4 years ago in March which comes of my license next March but now it looks as if 3 points may take its place...! :(

Is this one of those Gatso style dont sign the papers and dont get in trouble situations or will I burned like a witch?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Hope so bud, but it had Police written on the side and it was quite scary to say the least watching Jeremy Beadle behind the bloody thing, although I could be mistaken it might not have been Mr. Beadle.

2005 Nissan Navara

where r u from? im from Carlisle!

was the road busy? if so he may have been focussing on some1 else....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Im from Cleator Moor.

The road wasnt bust at all. I was going into Carlisle from the 60 zone into the 30 zone where the petrol station is on the right hand side. I pulled out and he was on the left where those new houses are. Bloody blue van...thing...stuff.

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

I am ashamed to say I nearly caused a pileup yesterday when i noticed one of these things! I was slowing down for a known gatso (probably doing 55 in a 40 dual carrigeway) when i noticed a van parked immediately opposite the gatso pointing at me and a camera sticking out the back. Instinctively hit the anchors and someone nearly ran into me. My fault I know :mad: but..

Im praying it was a tax disc eader either that or the cheeky buggers were after people for double points lol - once from the van and once from the gatso!. Im expecting a fine & points cos you get a feeling from these things...this was the a24/a232 junction in surrey near epsom

im gonna buy a road angel for sure

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i shudnt worry,

most camera vans in 30 areas are set at 40mph

thats wot i my friend got told after being caught doing 41!!!!

P

peterh2

I had to fly past one of these doing about 85 on a motorway as there was some tw*t in a corsa about 1 foot from my back bumper so if I had hit the brakes he would have gone straight into the back of me was well annoyed about it.