ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo dash issues

clio sport 172
do they often blow bulbs? Or are they LEDs? I have a 2005 clio 182 and when key in ignition the abs,esp,airbag,serv, and power steering don't light up

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
they are SMDs and very unlikely for them to all go if for any of them to go at all.

Check the fuses :)

Phase 2 172
do they often blow bulbs? Or are they LEDs? I have a 2005 clio 182 and when key in ignition the abs,esp,airbag,serv, and power steering don't light up

i had the same issue, turns out the guy i bought the car from had actually snapped them off the circuit board to stop the lights coming on as it had fault codes for abs and airbag, best to whip out the dash and check the bulbs are there

clio sport 172
ok got dash out as I thought they were tapped up but strangely abs/esp is fine only issue is a serv and airbag light so which is normal issues under seat switch? also there is deffo no fuse in my power steering in fuse box and only 1 metal tang there no fuse wouldn't work if there was 1 there

Phase 2 172
ok got dash out as I thought they were tapped up but strangely abs/esp is fine only issue is a serv and airbag light so which is normal issues under seat switch? also there is deffo no fuse in my power steering in fuse box and only 1 metal tang there no fuse wouldn't work if there was 1 there

it may be fine until you drive the car, could have issues with abs rings or brake pedal sensor etc.

clio sport 172
Just checked under drivers seat and it looks like the black connector is broke is it best to cut black connector off and solder the 3 wires?

Phase 2 172
Just checked under drivers seat and it looks like the black connector is broke is it best to cut black connector off and solder the 3 wires?

you can solder the wires yeah, or another option is go to a breakers and find a good connector cut it and solder it in place then that way if you ever have to take the seats out you can just unplug it

clio sport 172
sorted airbag light and have put everything back together and no lights but the speedo not working now :-( any ideas can they be fixed or new speedo?

clio sport 172
just add it worked before I removed dash and I had to prise edge by it to remove tape over airbag light

Phase 2 172
Hold the button in on the end of the wiper stalk and turn on the ignition this will make all the lights come on on the instrument panel, look and see if the speedo is moving

if it isn't your probably going to have to take it all back out and check the clocks

clio sport 172
it is working now but wouldn't say accurate so may need new speedo as someone messed with it so needles may now be in correct position