ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo Issue

Renault Clio Grande
Hello,

I have a Renault Clio Mk2, I am having an issue with the speedo, it works perfectly fine, and is the correct speed, however randomly when I drive the speedo goes to zero.

I have recently had a water leek about 4 months ago, is there anything I should be looking for? It goes to zero about once a week for a couple of minutes then goes back to normal?

Cheers!

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Had the same thing ony my ph2 172 - took it to Renault main dealers, twice, they couldn't fix it and didnt know why it was happening. I cant recall what they did do, but Im pretty sure it had a new cable, and a new sensor. Just FYI - it cost me a few quid investigating it, and I had to live with ti in the end...

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
PS a mate of mine sent me this PM a while back when I had the original problem - he managed to get it sorted, he had the same issue with his.

"Yes mate, replacement cost £23 (I just described it as a speed sensor and the Parts dude knew what I meant) - was easy to fit in the end, took about 10 minutes and the car feels a lot better."