ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo not workin, gearbox issue?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Finally the car is roadworth Whoooraaaa :approve:

But theres a problem, a rather big problem, the speedo doesnt work atall, now the engine is a 172 but has 172cup gearbox..

What would stop the speedo from working?

All the Dash is in place, every connection needed is plugged in,

Volvo S60 T5
Did the original box have a sped sensor hole in it at the back of the diff?

Thats your problem if your new one dont.

Sat nav speed display or Origin B2 will do for speedo.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Is this what you mean Mike?

SNC00303.jpg

i take it thats the speedo connection,

Can it be easily enough just to get a different loom then it should work right?

Da

Less
A regular Clio gets the speedo sensor from the ABS ring. A 172 Cup gets it from the box (no ABS).

Fitting a Cup box to a 172 engine shouldn't stop the speedo working...should it??

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Im not so sure Da, i currently dont have Abs on my car, but there will be once i source the parts,

Im running exact same as fred, but havnt heard of him getting any problems. might worth to email him i think

Da

Less
That's your problem there then surely. The loom is from a regular 172 I presume?

The box should be irrelevant, it's fitting a 172 box in a Cup that would cause the speedo to fail as there's no output for it.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
regular 172 gets speed sensor from the diff, thats why when the circlip fails you try and drive off the speedo goes up without you moving. i would plug it in :rasp:

BMW M135i
regular 172 gets speed sensor from the diff, thats why when the circlip fails you try and drive off the speedo goes up without you moving. i would plug it in :rasp:
Very early Ph2s do, all the others use abs like the normal cooking ones. And James' is a conversion is it not? Does the abs still work? Because that'll be your problem if it doesn't, also non too clever if it doesnt as the brake bias will be well off due to the ebd not functioning.