ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spending on your car

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Was looking through all the reciepts Ive got for my car earlier and they add up to a shocking amount. At a rough guess Id say it was around 5k (including consumables) about the same as I bought the car for. So I was wondering how much other people have spent on their cars and at what point do you think its a waste of money and buying a better/faster car is the way to go.

don't

hmm lets see, had car 2 months now i think

not including ICE:

£150 lowering total

£120 tints on sunday

£30 decat

£120 driveshaft + engine mount fixing

so about £420 so far

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I included running costs/consumables.

Here a few examples

Viper
de-cat
8x Toyo Proxes
Gaz Coilovers
4 new Williams wheels
Hill power chip
4x Green stuff pads
K-tec rear brake discs
2x Cobra Monacos + harness
Supersprint manifold
K-tec uprated clutch
K-tec Strut brace
Fully Waxoyled
New rear brake calipers
2x new front hubs
SMT6
Piper cams + verniers, followers etc.
B&M Quickshift etc.

[Edited by Martin. on 21 July 2004 at 11:31pm]

lowered, exhaust, cd, light brows, spoiler , piper cross induction kit, alloys and mirrors with the leds in them m3 ones colour coded and other little bits and pices that needed to be done like the brakes

BMW M3 - For Sale!

at the moment somewhere around...

£3500-£4000 and the car only cost me £2000! (excluding petrol by the way)

including tax/insurance, well ive spent £800 in the past 2 months just maintaining it, i.e. tyres, MOT, Tax.

then u buy extras like exhuast, de-cat, lower it. all f**king adds up.

to be honest rather not talk about it, as im looking at spending more on my car at this moment :sick:

Enough! but then again my car is my pride and joy and am willing to excpet that things go wrong! I am sure in repairs I have bought my car again - in value!

However there is a few times when I think is it worth it spending more money? And yes, cause if I buy a newer car I know the problems I got with mine will come back, where as at the moment I know what has been done and what will need doing!

...which I think in the long run works out cheaper! :cool:

A black one

I had my car 3 weeks and Ive spent £1560 not including the price of the car (£860 on ICE and £700 on insurance) & now Im eating bread and water for the next week until payday! It doesnt even look any different to when I bought it!

after rough calculations from memory as i dont have access to my receipts, i reckon upwards of £8500 including the car, two years of insurance, and mods that i can think of. doesnt include garage bills etc.

it doesnt bother me cos its my hobby, i justify it by saying i could always jack it in and get a coke addiction instead! but then id have nothing to show for it!

regards

The Jinx

Mine wouldve cost me very little so far had a certain individual not crashed it.

That added £1300.

Prolly spent about £800 on top of that on new alarm, new steering column, clutch cable, bits of trim, new alternator , new battery.

Mind you, some of that £1300 also sorted rust areas out and fixed the front end that I wouldve forked out on at some point anyway.

I havent even started forking out for any mods yet!

Matt Brown - your old car was a nice, did u sell it to adi, cos if you did I remember my mate saying it was a quick one!!!

Martin - has this got you thinking since we had that chat last week?

I agree and think everyone with a car who is an enthusiast spends a lot on them, without a doubt! But we wouldnt do it unless we wanted to and I think most of the time its worth it as you get to enjoy the cars performance and then up it whenever you feel!

However there comes a time when you have to stop spending and just drive the thing as thats whats its been bought for so you might as well do it!

When youve had enough of modding it and feeling like you want something faster then get rid and move on, I wanna experience loads of cars, thats why I like driving other peoples, so it gives me a better idea of things I want!

It also seems that once youve started modifications you cant seem to stop, there is always just one more thing you can do to it!

I say just enjoy it and drive it till you want something new!

Danny

320d

I always spend loads on mine - its the only thing that keeps me interested in a car if i make it mine by modding it. Spent £1500 this month on the 172 alone since i bought i plus paid up a years insurance, so skint now but its looking good! I never sat down and worked out exactly what id spent on the valver in less than 2 years but it was nearly 5k in mods and servicing - sold it for £2800 a couple of weeks ago. Dont regret any of it though :D