ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spigot rings...? OZ alloy outer bore

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They are not for the Clio, they are for another car

centre bore is 54.1, just need to know what the outer bore is for it to fit the alloy

Read my reply then, lol.

Have told you exactly what you need and even an example of where to get it.

Offset is correct for what you want to do as well assuming its the C1 mentionined in your "car" section of your profile.

These are the rims I have.... With Renault stamped on the inside so I assume they are not aftermarket OZ F1's like you sometimes see

is it 60.1 for genuine Renault F1's and 73.1 for aftermarket OZ F1's

I am confused now :S
DSC_0086_zps2080f425.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They are 60.1 for the renault ones mate, you dont even need a micrometer to check that, just put a ruler on it and you will be able to see the difference between if yours are 60.1 or 73.1

They are 38mm offset (c1 is 40 IIRC) and are 4*100 PCD

So will go on perfectly :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH there would be no harm in running them without the spigot rings as the wheel bolts will locate them in the correct position anyway so long as you progressively tighten them.

The spigot rings are ONLY there to help you line the wheel up during fitting, they dont take load once the wheel is fitted as they arent an interference fit anyway.

I don't have any spigots on them right now anyway,

I'm now trying to put on "bolt through" hubcentric spacers so I was struggling to fit them and line the holes up..... I have chicken arms you see

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
TBH there would be no harm in running them without the spigot rings as the wheel bolts will locate them in the correct position anyway so long as you progressively tighten them.

The spigot rings are ONLY there to help you line the wheel up during fitting, they dont take load once the wheel is fitted as they arent an interference fit anyway.

I've read a few pages where it says spigot rings prevent wheel wobble above 60mph?
Although the bolts are locating the wheels to the hub apparently the spigot rings ensure a fully central fit?

Don't shoot the messenger though. Only what I read on a few sites when I was looking for spigot rings

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've read a few pages where it says spigot rings prevent wheel wobble above 60mph?
Although the bolts are locating the wheels to the hub apparently the spigot rings ensure a fully central fit?

The tapered nuts can locate the wheel far more accurately than the spigot ring can in reality, but only if done up progressively.

Don't shoot the messenger though. Only what I read on a few sites when I was looking for spigot rings

Spigot rings make fitting a wheel idiotproof, and are well worth having, Im not saying dont fit them, im just saying if they arent there in time no harm in using the car in the mean time if he is careful how he fits the wheels.