ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spin out!!!

B-road bully
first near serious accident ive had in car to date.

was driving around a slanted roundabout (rainin) comming near the bottom side of the slant, backend slides out, at first thinkin woo this is cool, the before you know it im changing direction, thinking oh s**t im goin to hit the wall,

luckily car does a perfect 180, now facing the opposite direction (thank god it was a quite day) turn round and carryed on. really suprising as i have confidence in my clio this will certainly make me more carefully.

M

M7CUO_V6

I did that in a my old valver on a wet bend at night, but at about 80-90, slid 100 yards down the road spining, then in to the hedge. not nice feeling. I dont drive fast on wet roads any more.

B-road bully
yeh, crazy thing is that i wasnt goin fast, i think it was the angle of the roundabout, cos i usually go waaay faster on roundabouts cos the handling, ill take it as a eye opener.

172 Cup
Lesson = don't drive like a dick in the wet. We've all been there, and hopefully those that have have learned their lesson.

1.6 Si
ha ha, I did that on the bend at the bottom of the M23 (you know where you turn off for Lewes or Worthing) on a 'greasy' evening in a Laguna! Feels like you are going in slow motion when it happens. Lucky there was no one else in the adjacent lanes, the traffic that eventually caught up must have wondered why I was facing them :)

LY 200
I did it on a late night a couple of xmas's ago in my old valver.........Went hacking it round one of those big roundabouts heading onto a dual, usually no problemos but this time totally fucked it, mustve hit some black ice.

Two perfect spins later im facing in the wrong direction and very lucky it was 11/12 at night when no one else was on the road, am very careful doin it in any weather now letalone the cold!!!

Monaro VXR
happened to me today went into a hard bend at 30 car just slide onto otherside of the road didnt loose control so much as it just went sliding across wasnt thinking at the time as its nothing i dont normally do in the dry just didnt realise how wet it was.

Heart sank though when i heard these sirens from behind i pulled in thinking oh b****cks im fucked car just went straight past however there was one in front as well parked up to the side didnt say anything to me just gave me a bit of a look. Ah well just going a bit too quickly and hit some standing water learn from my mistakes.

Think, learn to drive into a hazzard at better speeds. Most of you will either kill of be killed. So be it. Just don't be near me when you loose control.

What's wrong with actually looking at a surface type and how much water is about.

Not clever and poor driving either way.

1.6 Si
blaze said:
Think, learn to drive into a hazzard at better speeds. Most of you will either kill of be killed. So be it. Just don't be near me when you loose control.

What's wrong with actually looking at a surface type and how much water is about.

Sometimes you can't help what happens, even going at low speeds, you make out like you've never made a mistake on the road!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
ive done it aswel before. sometimes you get caught out. scary considering it can be classed as dangerous/carless driving and you can end up with ban/points/fine ect bit of an eyeopener!

Monaro VXR
I wasnt even going particularly fast done the same thing on the same road in the same conditions hundreds of times before just this time i happened to slide out sometimes things happen you cant see. Same as a dog or a child can run out from behind a car.

RB 200 Cup!
ive done similar on a roundabout - but managed to just control it before it span - taught we a lesson and s**t me up a little bit

BMW 320d SE
blaze said:
Most of you will either kill of be killed. So be it. .
That's a bit of a sweeping statement, and not particularly constructive either.
People can only learn from their mistakes. You just have to hope that when you make that first mistake you come out ok. We've all been there.

blaze said:

A tad blinkered I think.

When I first got my Trophy I was in a large empty car park and tried to get a fun bar (hand brake) turn. Nothing, the backend just wouldn't move. The other day I just did it jokingly on a small roundabout (no one about) and the back end just slid round!

I know why it did, but it really highlights how dangerous a spell of heavy rain is on roads that have been bone dry for weeks.

Sometimes luck plays a big hand in things either good or bad. When that guy hit those cyclists in Wales it was purely bad luck, when I cart wheeled my LCR and walked away it was very good luck, I just hope your good luck holds out for you!