ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splitting 1*2 Xenon Headlamps

Hope someone can help I have searched but can not find an answer or guide I want the take the clear cover off of the Headlamps, does anybody know how to do this and what tools are needed? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Sounds scary!
Is this to get the inserts painted? if so, there would be a lot of interest in this on here

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
do you mean take the outer most casing off??
if so them im watching this too :p

Yes I am looking to paint the inserts and to install some custom LED running lights I've seen a PH1 with painted inserts, not to keen on putting my lights in an oven though there must be another soloution.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Yes I am looking to paint the inserts and to install some custom LED running lights I've seen a PH1 with painted inserts, not to keen on putting my lights in an oven though there must be another soloution.

A Hammer?

oven is how most people on here have done it in the past, the only method i know. it's a bit stupid though i agree :rasp:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
surely the heat the oven would create,
would it not just melt the entire light?

White Sti Hatch
You only put it in for a short time to heat the sealent up so you can pull it appart not like your cooking the things

Black Gold Trophy
I've tried it with a spare one I had lying around, the mounting brackets for the headlight start to deform before anything else. The clear parts of the headlamp that are usually glass on most cars are actually plastic on the clio, these are quite delicate too.
I wouldn't attempt it if I were you.