ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splitting a PS3 output to two TV's?

Jap Box
Hi all, got a bit of a puzzle going on here and hope someone can help :)

Ive got my PS3 upstairs in my bedroom hooked up to the TV through the scart connection.

Im wanting to send this signal to downstairs to the TV in the living room (As the controller works down there too etc so can use it to play films without needing to constantly unplug the PS3, bring it downstairs and plug it all in again)

Ive tried using a wireless AV sender that I had lying around from my old house which I used to send SKY to another room, but it isnt picking up signal here (possibly because my wireless router is closer to the TV now so its messing the signal up)

Seeing as the other TV is in the room directly above, and theres already a hole going up to the other room where someone has previously split the aerial cable downstairs and put an extension to up there im wondering if there is a way to do this using some RCA cables or anything?

Also, would it be possible to plug a HDMI cable into the PS3 and have that going to the TV downstairs, or will the PS3 only work through either scart or HDMI individually and not simultaniously.

Thanks

Jap Box
Are your tv's hd? What cables are you currently using?

TV the PS3 is plugged into isnt, the TV downstairs is.

Cables used are just the simple scart one going from the PS3

Ive got a scart splitter box here too if thats any help, or are there any kinds of wireless av senders that arent affected by wireless signals, the one ive got was a cheapo £7 one from tesco.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If I remember correctly I had a scart splitter like this:
Scart-Splitter-SC101-.png

with a button on the side which you could use to swap between the two. Plug one TV into each of the ports and the free end into the PS3. Hey presto, you can choose output to either the upstairs TV or the downstairs one. Have fun finding a long enough scart to go downstairs.

SQ5

with a button on the side which you could use to swap between the two. Plug one TV into each of the ports and the free end into the PS3. Hey presto, you can choose output to either the upstairs TV or the downstairs one. Have fun finding a long enough scart to go downstairs.

That's not a splitter, it's a combiner to flick between two sources. Ie. PS3 and DVD into one TV Scart socket

Jap Box

Ive got one thats like this:

SCART_Splitter_Box.jpg

Could I run the PS3 into input A for example, then put an RCA into tv output and have the other end of the RCA going to the TV downstairs. Cable will only need to be 5m long :)

Jap Box
Ok just realised the TV downstairs has a USB port on there, and I can use the remote to scroll through movies, pictures and audio directly through the TV's menu. Meaning the PS3 wont be needed to play the files :)

Problem sorted, thanks for the help though, might do something eventually with it so I can play games downstairs while leaving the PS3 upstairs but thats not high on the list of things to do :)