ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spluttering on part throttle.....

CTR EK9 turbo

As strange as it may seem my car being on part throttle (a shock to its system?), recently when decelerating it splutters and jerks almost as if theres crap in the fuel lines or something. A bit like a cold carb engine, but does it all the time now. The revs also take AGES to fall once revved.

I have a monster hole in my exhaust - do you think this may have something to do with it? readings near lamda sensor?

your advise would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Si

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 23 October 2003

I have a monster hole in my exhaust - do you think this may have something to do with it? readings near lamda sensor?
Bingo...

CTR EK9 turbo

cheers dude

I dont want to get a PECO Big bore 10. I dont suppose youd know a cheap place to get a replacement (not renault £500 exhaust).... Just a system i think it needs. Also, where is the lamda sensor on the exhaust?cheers, si

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I had a similar problem with my Xr2i....if it as kept at 3K rpm it would kangaroo .....turned out to be the throttle position sensor.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 25 October 2003

cheers dude

I dont want to get a PECO Big bore 10. I dont suppose youd know a cheap place to get a replacement (not renault £500 exhaust).... Just a system i think it needs. Also, where is the lamda sensor on the exhaust?cheers, si
The gfs 1.4 RT had a split in the exhaust next to the cat and that started running like crap and it failed its MOT on emissions for that very reason. We bunged it up with putty and re-tested it and it passed no probs and runs spot on again, so it is likely to be this causing your problem.

Loads of aftermarket systems out there if you wanna change.

The lambda is mounted near the cat.

CTR EK9 turbo

"...more rumbles than a 33 Hz shunt..."

I could get a PECO 5 mid pipe and shoe-orn the maxi-bore evo stealth from the scirocco.

Stevie - where can i get a cheap non-maxibore exhaust from?