ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spluttering @ Start-up

Car is clio mk1 RSI

Got a slight problem. when the engine is cold or has been stood a while, i go to start the engine it runs as it should and revs up as normal.

The problem is when i come to set of, I add accelleration and it chokes and splutters. leave it a couple of seconds give it a couple of revs and it ok.

Also noticed the revs can be a bit jerky when accellerating

plugs and leads have been changed, what can i try next

Clio182, Mini Cooper 1275
Could be a fuel problem, are you running the tank close to empty? fill her up with high octane and give her a blast to see if you can clear anything? might be worth a try

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Car is clio mk1 RSI

Got a slight problem. when the engine is cold or has been stood a while, i go to start the engine it runs as it should and revs up as normal.

The problem is when i come to set of, I add accelleration and it chokes and splutters. leave it a couple of seconds give it a couple of revs and it ok.

Also noticed the revs can be a bit jerky when accellerating

plugs and leads have been changed, what can i try next

Sounds exactly the same as my problem mate, have you had it diagnosed? My manifold/CAT ring was broken so have replaced that but ultimately hasn't fixed the problem. Next on the list is a new O2 sensor as that's what Clip threw up as the problem...