ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spoiler 3rd break light faulty!

Clio Sport 197 Cup
Hey guys. Any ideas why my brake light in my spoiler (cup) doesn't work? I've taken it out to see if anything obvious stood out like not being connect but it is. There is no water in there either.
Could it just be a faulty light or more.
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

I assume when you say you've checked for anything obvious, you checked the bulb...?

If the bulb is fine then could be a break in one of the wires providing the circuit for the centre brake light.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I assume when you say you've checked for anything obvious, you checked the bulb...?

If the bulb is fine then could be a break in one of the wires providing the circuit for the centre brake light.

They're LEDs.

Apparently the units fail quite often due to water ingress, so it may need a new one. My one's gone.

Replaced mine over the weekend, apparently quite common from water ingress. Prized it out of the spoiler, removed the plug and stuck a new one in. They are about £25-28.

Clio 172 (CUP)
I just recently had the same problem, I reckon its definitely due to water ingress and surprisongly I had what looked like a fried resistor too. Found a couple of resistors that summed up to the right value and had a go at repairing it which worked. Although looking at the circuit board I reckon I fixed it through a combination of this fix plus a good sanding/filing of all the contacts and pins.

ad0ae9978489acb9b29263b2a712dc1c.jpg