ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spoiler brake light

LOK

ClioSport Club Member
  Trek
Hi guys - I have ordered a new brake light for a 182 cup spoiler. How do I exchange it? Do I just pull it out without removing the spoiler? Any specific instructions/tips from you guys?
Many thanks!

Volvo S40
I've not removed one from a cup spoiler but on the standard one the brake light is held from the back in by 2 hex screws which you need to remove the spoiler to get to. There are 2 screws in the middle and 2 at either side to remove the spoiler.

RB Clio 182
The cup light just shoves and clicks into place, I used a small screwdriver with a microfiber cloth over the top to pry the old one out without marking the spoiler, its tight but it does come out.

I ended up having to remove the spoiler to get to the connector to unclip it because I didn't want to risk pulling it through the hole which is behind the light and snapping any wires.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
DONT prise it out from the front - 99% sure you will damage the paint or brake light will crack.

Simply turn the spoiler on its back and push a screwdriver through the hole where the brake light wiring goes through and push the light unit out - job done.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
image.jpeg