ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spoiler Fixing

Just got a Renault Double Spoiler.

Looking at fitting it. I know its a straight swap for the standard one on my 2002 Clio, but just wondering if I need to use any glue or anything extra?

Rik

Clio II and Grand Modus

I would use glue on the Wing !! The Wing can damage the roof because the screws can get lose after open and closeing the trunk for some time! I have seen it and it is not easy to paint nice!

MP

Clio 200 FF

ask a bodyshop for some bonding stuff, thisll stop it moving about and rattling as the screws get a bit loose. It will also stop anyone pinching it like the scooby spoilers

There is no need to glue it on.

There are two allen head screws at each side of the spoiler which screw directly into the already threaded pieces at each end of the double spoiler. you will notice two raised sections in the centre of the double spoiler. You screw the screws directly into this section of the spoiler but be careful you dont go too far!! They are self tapping.

If you dont fix it down with these two self tapping screws, when the air temp rises (etc. in the sun) the spoiler will expand and rise, hence jamming against th top of the roof and not being able to open the boot!!

Hope this helps