ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport badges on 172

Alrite,

I would like to get a sport badge for my clio like on the back the 172

(look at the back of one in the pictures)

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/?gallery=clio172http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/?gallery=clio172

But when i went to buy one this bloak told me you have to drill two holes to put the badge on, is this true or is jus chattin sh*t! cause i thought the badge would stick on

I wanna get some cause think they look mint but do they need to be drilled

any help would be great!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not for the sport badge, IIRC its the Clio bit that has/requires the 2 holes in the boot.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 11 December 2003
*mumble mumble mumble*

wow thats weird thats exactly what I hear when women speak to me in real life.

i jus think it wud look smart with them on, i couldnt get a 172 at my age anywayz, so whats wrong with making do with what yourve got and trying to make it look as smart as poss

cheers for the help

320d M Sport

it;s just stick one mate, make sure u stick it on right as theres no going back once youve touched the paintwork, its well sticky!

If he wants to stick a sport badge on it who are we to argue!? Bit snobby saying that methinks...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

this has been argued before. I rekon its ok technically dynamiques are classified as sport models. So long as u dont put 2.0L badges on it!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 11 December 2003this has been argued before. I rekon its ok technically dynamiques are classified as sport models. So long as u dont put 2.0L badges on  it!!!

While I havent posted anything against him doing it (and dont have anything against him doing it, its his car he can do what he likes to it), it is completely different one is made by renault and labled a "sport" the other is made by RenaultSport.

But the whole point is you want it to look like a 172..and a technical reason is just a shroud for that.

I know if i was a 172 owner i wouldnt want the reputation of my car ruined by 1.2 wielding a Peco backbox everytime it gets caned at the lights by a Nova..

-Rob

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 11 December 2003

this has been argued before. I rekon its ok technically dynamiques are classified as sport models. So long as u dont put 2.0L badges on it!!!
Yes of course its perfectly acceptable to put a sport badge on any car :) but what hes suggesting is using part of the RenaultSport logo, which is a completely different matter.

Anyone know if the v6 badges fit the 172? :p

Wheres the harm in the guy fitting a sport badge? :confused:

Nice rear end _KDF btw. ;)

erm, because its a logo for a group of cars 172, spider etc.

Pete, theres no harm in it at all, im just trying to explain why he will most probably have people laughing at it.

Burgandy 174 sport t

so..... think you should be ok fitting the badge m8 as long as u don have a peco and start to race novas

Mk2 Golf GTI

FFS, its not like it says 3.0 255 bhp is it?! its a word, can someone define the word sport please? Does this mean everyone who doesnt own a 172/cup/v6 should remove their cliosport stickers from the windows? At the end of the day it means f**k all, its just a word but it looks smart on the back of the car. Just because ive got a cliosport sticker it doesnt mean my cars gonna be able to break any 10 second quarters and i aint gonna go on like it will!!

*rant over*

Well i jus wanna say thanx for the help every1, Still bit confused cause i never realised i said i wanted my car to look like a 172? i just want to lose that standard look from my car (probably like any other 1.2 owner!)

Ill post sum pics up soon cheers

VaVa

Leave him to it I say. Im on the look out for a Cup spoiler for my 172, not because I want people to think my car is a Cup ( heaven forbid) but because I think it will make my car look better. Simple as that.

_KDF, you need some silverfusion lamps dude!!!!

megane

ive changed mine to say sport

its a dynamique (billabong if u must no)

but on the insurance and everything with details about the car it says SPORT

all it is is a sportier look

eg alloys

bigger spoiler

better suspension i think

seats

things like that class it as a SPORT

topic ended i think

y do all 172 owners sl*g us 1.2 owners off

u were like us once werent u

sum may b nobs

sum arnt

get a life

im tired

fuk it

off to bed

andy

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

well that post kinda pissed me off..

You tell me where above I sl*gged off his 1.2 ? I have a 172 and never said anything against it. So to say every 172 owner is a bit of a generalisation.

Yes I was like u, couldnt afford the cost of a 172 let alone the insurance. I personally never tried to "badge up" my car, but that doesnt mean I have anything against him doing it, and as I stated before I never posted anything negative, infact I gave him exactly the answer he was looking for.

Also as I posted above the 2 are not the same one is labled by renault as a "sport" the other was made/tweaked by Renaultsport.

At the end of the day if you like the way your car looks who gives a sh*t what anyone else thinks ?

Sweetkidda, are you on drugs or just thick?

Not once have KDF or myself sl*gged off 1.2s.

Yes, the dynamique is a sporty car, and its perfectly acceptable to stick a sport badge on it. No one has said otherwise.

But, its not part of the RenaultSport group of cars, and this is the logo badge he proposes sticking on.

As KDF said, its your car, you go for it! Sod it, im going to stick a Ferrari badge on mine :p

Well im a 1.2 owner!!

Look, the 1.2 is not a sports car, stop with the disillusions of grandeur. The 172 and Cup IS a sports car. They are the cars which have been made by Renaultsport (hence the Renault and sport badging..lesser models dropped the RENAULT badge when it got a facelift), not the 1.2...i can guarantee they didnt touch it in anyway. So yes, you may as well stick a V6 badge on..or maybe a VTS one?!

Saying the sport badge enhances the back of the car is just plain wrong..how? It just clutters it up..being original would be removing all badges.

At the end of the day youre just trying to leech off of the 172s image..quit denying it.

By the way, the dynamiques and similar models are in the sport collection, so youre missing a badge.

-Rob

I must admit that if the sport is added to improve the look of the car, why not go for a different badge like the sporting ones seen on Fiats for example?

I bet nobody would do that though...because fiat sportings are all slow?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

As my GF said to me, you dont need to badge up your car to make it look nice.. be individual, make it look nice other ways. people are more likely to go wow at something individual than what they think is another bog standard 172 (1.2 badged up)

Mk2 Golf GTI

who would think it was a 172 if all it had was a 5 letter badge on the back?! and the only people who are likely to know that the sport badge is only from a 172/cup is a renault boff or cup/172 owner

C

Cupster

I took the renault sport badges off the back of my cup. I hate them!!! I just have Clio and cup underneath that. If your going to put the sport badge on your car mate put it under clio and remove the sheeeeite renault badge. Its personal preference. Ok its not a RenaultSport but who gives a flying ffffffish, the guy likes the sport badge its his car aint it. put it in mate to encourage the road rage lol.