ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport or Pro Eibachs?

Ziel Nurburgring
Nice and easy for the morning.

Which ones for fast road and occasional track days/ring? Not bothered about drops

Focus ST
As eveyone else have said, Sportlines give it a slightly better drop (not aggressive or anything) and that will be better for track compared to Proline's.

Turbos.
Can't say i've tested both (has anyone?) but i'm not sure the lower version would be better for the track due to the compromise on the dampers. I'll probably get them though as i've heard the Pros have made some cars higher! No thanks...

AstraVan Sportive
I agree that the Sportlines will give a lower centre of gravity etc but you may want to look at upgrading the shocks for a track combo with them

Give me a call Blink, will work out a deal on the Sportlines if you like :)

01483 740 637

Focus ST
blink172 said:
Cheers people.

So sports are the firmer, more track focused of the 2?

No not firmer, both are progressive, but there's another 10mm drop on sportlines.

With 10mm difference, it won't compromise the shocks any more than Pro's. But overall lower ride height is better for cornering (lower centre of gravity). But when comparing Pro's with Sport's I don't think its a difference the ocassional track person would notice or should really care about....

Clio 172 mk2
Well, maybe I'm speaking out of personal preference as I'd like my car to look as close to std as possible and am mostly concerned about the handling.

A 30mm drop on my car would see some serious splitter/driveway problems anyway.

Focus ST
Neil G said:
Well, maybe I'm speaking out of personal preference as I'd like my car to look as close to std as possible and am mostly concerned about the handling.

A 30mm drop on my car would see some serious splitter/driveway problems anyway.

I haven't heard of anybody with Sportlines scrapping anything. And neither have I (I have sportlines, and again IMO are better than Pro's as they give a real improvement to the look. Lowered without looking anywhere near aggressive, basically stop it looking like a 4x4, LOL!!)

Clio 172 mk2
Well I'l keep the 4X4 looks....I'd rather that than have it sitting on the deck and scraping everything.

If my car was 30mm lower the splitter would scrape my driveway getting the car out of the garage which since I paid 100 notes for the splitter would really p** me off.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
the pro's on mine have been guid and look pretty much the same to Alan and Big Iains cars, which have sportlines

picture172xh4.jpg

picture173hr7.jpg

id say if you want to see the brass, get Pro's, I was happy with the Pro's in the twisties.

Most seem to favour the Sports from above, so up to you to weigh it up

I've got the Pros and am very happy with them. A big improvement in handling with minimal impact on ride.
Another advantage is that being OEM black, your car doesn't look modified.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm trying to decide between these two and will probably favour the Pro's. The Eibach website lists them as providing a 30mm drop, same as the Sports?

Focus ST
For the best advice you'll get, call Fred at YozzaSport. He sells both at a good price, but will also give advice for free...

Turbos.
Gweebs said:
With 10mm difference, it won't compromise the shocks any more than Pro's.

Well, yes it will, by 10mm!

A reason why the Clios are so good is because of the excellent damping control. The more you lower a car without matching the dampers in accordance, the more you are compromising the handling of the car.

Just go on a Brekkie Run to find out :D

cock mobile.
Never had the sportlines, but I had Pro's on my Cup and you can notice a good difference in body roll and cornering ability.

When I followed my mate in his standard cup I kept having to back off around corners because I was all over him, really did make a firm difference.

Ziel Nurburgring
Thanks again guys, tbh i'm not bothered about lowering it and just wanted the improved cornering.

Sounds like the Pro's then as i'd like to keep it a near as std as poss.

ST
Sportlines!! I've got Sportlines on my 182 and been in and driven many other 172/182's with pro's and sport's..there is no real difference in the ride but the sport's give the car a lower more agressive stance over the pro's..

ST
Matta_88 said:
Are PI springs anygood for a 1.2 does anyone know?

No mate, i had them on my dynamique....they were rubbish...

I then moved on the to a full gas kit.

Keep your money for a bit and get the full apex -60mm gas kit (-60mm apex springs with matched gas shocks) its £282 delivered from: http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detProd.asp?ProductCode=SP150-4060&PID=436370

Even better if you can afford coilovers go for the FK's!!: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=854

Clio 172 mk2
cliobuyer said:
Well, yes it will, by 10mm!

A reason why the Clios are so good is because of the excellent damping control. The more you lower a car without matching the dampers in accordance, the more you are compromising the handling of the car.

Just go on a Brekkie Run to find out :D

Good point

Lionel Richie
Sportlines if you want the lowered look
Pros if you want the standard look

the feel the same to drive on imo

Burgandy 174 sport t
doesnt matter what u get out of them both imo u will get used to it in a few months and want moe stability again. I think mine rolls like f**k just now, god knows what it will be like standard again

R

rich[182]

Darren555 said:
I've got the Pros and am very happy with them. A big improvement in handling with minimal impact on ride.
Another advantage is that being OEM black, your car doesn't look modified.

^ Darren

Excellent point re. OEM black, obviously declare the mod to insurers but when it's on the ramps at the dealers it would look standard, especially after a few weeks of driving when there not shiny clean and the ride height doesnt really attract any attention.

FredYozzasport said:
Sportlines if you want the lowered look
Pros if you want the standard look

the feel the same to drive on imo

I would take freds word on this one. I havent driven on sprts but on pro's the handling was fantastic!