ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport to non-sport wing size difference?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I am going to be putting a 182 front end on my clio and same for the back, just wondering if the wings on a 182 are the same as my 2002 Mk2Ph2 1.2?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hard to tell? They look quite a bit wider to me :S

I could be completely wrong

Dynamique Flamer
Only that the wings will look weird if you don't get sport side skirts too! Think you need sport arch liners too as they are different to non sport ones.

Charged Superleggera
you need bumper, wings, sideskirts and arch liners for a flush fitment. they all fit together. if you wanted the proper full kit then you will need to buy sideskirt clips to fit the sideskirts. the clips are bolted onto the sills and the skirts just attach to the clips. then you bolt the bottom part of the sideskirt onto the sill.

however if you wanted to fit replica skirts with standrd wings then you would just need to tigerseal them on. you would also need to cut a bit of the bumper bracket so that it fits onto teh standrd wings.

iv done both ways and its best to do it properly with the sports wings

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i originally did my skirts as per my guide http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=336465

but after a while they started to come away so i bought some sideskirt clips which pop rivet to the car and they fit so much better now

before:
clips2.jpg

after with clips:
clips1.jpg

you may want to browse through my progress thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=327434 i wrote the how to guide for modifying the bumper to so if you need help just ask.

one thing i did hear from a bodyshop was that if you swap the wings then you will need to paint the bonnet it blend it properly. obviously the factor option looks better but the cons are you have more parts to buy, they are official so more expensive and you then have more parts to paint.

Dynamique Flamer
Jungle Jim they are non sport side skirts. Is it not different if he gets sport side skirts as they go onto the wing

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Jungle Jim they are non sport side skirts. Is it not different if he gets sport side skirts as they go onto the wing

i was posting that in reference to just tiger sealing the skirts on

however if you wanted to fit replica skirts with standrd wings then you would just need to tigerseal them on.

and even the proper skirt need the sideskirt clips rivetted to the car. i think i only used 5 on each side or something like that, you can use a load more. technically the clips are just a wedge which allow the lip of the skirt to clamp between it and the body of the car

as you can see on this pic

DSC00868.JPG

fittingsideskirtcopy.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget that depending what wheels you're running you'll need spacers aswell or it'll look sh*t.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Yeah, im going to use the 182 wheels i think, Thanks for your help guys, i know my local scrappy has one sport in and i think the rear bumper is ok, will go look tomorrow, Cheers, :p