ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportlines fitted to the 172

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted my Eibach Sportlines the other day, all i can say is WOW what a difference for £150!! the ride high has a nice drop, sits the way it should have sat from factory!!

handling is nearly on par with my old coilovered car!

551792910a5140767748l.jpg

551792910a5140767656l.jpg

551792910a5140767427l.jpg

551792910a5140767567l.jpg

551792910a5140767858l.jpg

551792910a5140784417l.jpg

Just need to get my K-Tec Splitter fitted now when i can be arsed doing it!

ST
Lookin good mate...

Al need to fire over one day and have a wee look see!!

Had sportlines on mine since March last year, amazin...Yozzasport system next? ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
aye alan we'll get a wee meet arranged soon, aye yozzasport race system next a think (well once a get the damaged fixed where it got hit wi a brick!)

ride feels exactly as it was standard, if not better! but when you throw it into a bend its planted, VERY good springs!

The Beast MK4
Yozzasport race system!? Your brains will pour out your ears!

Nice one about the springs. I think im going to get them. Can you tell me how much clearance you have at the front? Interested as you know im in redneckland and I want to keep my carbon splitter. lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah mate ill measure it later (keeping in mind ive not got a splitter on yet)

i like the quiet exhaust but at the same time miss my old loud 1.2 poping! just had a brand new exhaust fitted under warranty too last week :D:D

The Beast MK4
I can recommend the new K-Tec stealth. Reasonable when you want it to be but sounds great under acceleration. Passengers don't mind it either which saves muchos nagging!

Clio 172 Monaco Blue 7/46
Looks nice - are they these ones...

Renault Clio 172 B (BB) From :09/98>09/05, Will Fit: Clio 172
Eibach Sportline Springs
ONLY £133.57 (inc VAT)
Delivery on this item is £8.95
Lowers Front: 45-50 mm & Rear: 30 mm

I was wondering - if you fit these would the front end not sit sooooooo low because of the engine weight and make the rear end look like is jacked up? I cant afford coilovers but wanted to really drop my car...

Last edited:
  mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'll 2nd what u have said about the sortlines! great spring, i only payed £123 for them as well;)

M140i/Orange 182
Look v.nice, my set are sitting in my room to ready to replace the apex!

got mine from venom motorsport @£134 next day delivery as well, which i was suprised at!

Hi Guys,

Do you have to adjust the xenon lights after lowering with sportlines? Thats what stopping me from buying them :p

Thanks,
K.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive not and not noticed any problems, there still just as shite to drive with compaired to my old 1.2 with its mega "off road use only" rally bulbs haha

quality! i used to have rainbow tinted halogens on my 1.2 back in the day when i'd just passed - caused a few issues.

how did it cost you to fit your springs? im thinking i might make these my first mod when pay day comes in two weeks...

ps am i also right in thinking that these arent bedded in yet as you;ve just fitted them so should drop down a bit more?

Clio MK 4
Looks nice - are they these ones...

Renault Clio 172 B (BB) From :09/98>09/05, Will Fit: Clio 172
Eibach Sportline Springs
ONLY £133.57 (inc VAT)
Delivery on this item is £8.95
Lowers Front: 45-50 mm & Rear: 30 mm

I was wondering - if you fit these would the front end not sit sooooooo low because of the engine weight and make the rear end look like is jacked up? I cant afford coilovers but wanted to really drop my car...

I want them! I know what you mean i'd prefer 45mm rear 30mm at front as i find the front sits lower as standard already. do they not do them this way

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Hi Guys,

Do you have to adjust the xenon lights after lowering with sportlines? Thats what stopping me from buying them :p

Thanks,
K.

the xenon have auto adjusters;) but the whole car i lower (only by a very small bit as well) so wont make much/any diffrence:D

Liquid 182
Very nice, think ill be going for a set of these next.
Wasn't happy with my car at the track yesterday and I put a lot of it down to the coilovers.

Liquid 182
Nah mate but I just reckon they are shite...
Had a thread up a while back about em and most people told me they were a waste of time. I think it will be vastly improved on the standard cup pack suspension or with the eibachs added.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Better. I was impressed with those springs, better to drive than my old 172 on coils...*(On the road anyway)