ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportlines - fitted :)

172 Cup
Got a set of sportlines off Ian on here (cheers dude)

Had them fitted on thursday. Much better.
Front end sits nicely - wheels fill the arches well. Rear doesnt seem much different but I suppose the cup is so light on the back.

Has a much better stance now.

Also, I think it soaks up bumps better. Doesnt seem much harder than standard and seems to be less skittish over bumps, all good.

Although, slight problem....my backbox is knocking on the rear spring :S.
The exhaust isnt standard, dunno what it is, sounds good though.
But yeah need to sort it out. The rubber mount is perished somewhat so I'll change that and see if it helps, otherwise maybe a new backbox to sort it??? Any help is appreciated.

Another thing too, took a sharp corner yesterday and heard a scraping noise :eek:. Anyone experienced arch rubbing on the fronts with sportlines?

Anyway...heres the pics. Car wasnt been cleaned for a week or so :nono:

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

Also got my plate on finally. Looks much better :)

Hope you all like

Ian

Focus TDCi
Looking good Chris! :approve:

Glad you like them mate, not sure about the knocking sounds but I'm sure somebody will be able to advise. Wish I could have put them on mine, but it's good to see them being putting to good use elsewhere. :)

TTRS & V50
Can't see the front scraping noise, being the arch scraping.

As mines quite a bit lower and it only rubs occasionally on the front wheel arch where the bumper bracket sits behind. And thats with cornering at speed. Have a look under there to see if there are marks on the wheel arch, if so then its nothing to bother about.

Oh, and the rear back box maybe knocking the rear axle, rather than spring. But thats an easy adjustment of pushing it up and re-doing the bolts up.

Looks much better on those springs.

172 Cup
Cheers for the replys everyone

Looking good Chris! :approve:

Glad you like them mate, not sure about the knocking sounds but I'm sure somebody will be able to advise. Wish I could have put them on mine, but it's good to see them being putting to good use elsewhere. :)

The knocking sound is definitely the backbox banging against the spring, had it up the ramps. On the ground its less than 10mm away and if you wobble the backbox it knocks. Its cos its a non standard exhaust, no idea what it is came with the car.Its quite a long amd wide box. I'll get hold of a new exhaust mount and see if that cures it, might stop it from moving around, if not I'll see about a new exhaust system maybe.

Happy with the springs though mate dont worry :)

Can't see the front scraping noise, being the arch scraping.

As mines quite a bit lower and it only rubs occasionally on the front wheel arch where the bumper bracket sits behind. And thats with cornering at speed. Have a look under there to see if there are marks on the wheel arch, if so then its nothing to bother about.

Oh, and the rear back box maybe knocking the rear axle, rather than spring. But thats an easy adjustment of pushing it up and re-doing the bolts up.

Looks much better on those springs.

Hmm dunno what the noise was then if it wasnt the arch, couldnt see any inner arch marks, it was quite a metally noise. Could it be the springs seating in place properley?

Also, its definitely the backbox on the spring knocking.

Cheers for the help and thanks for the comment, does look much better on the eibachs