ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spot the difference

182 (Cupped)
This is my first post on ClioSport having emigrated from SELOC (Lotus forum). So hello to all.

I'm looking for a cheap car (Renault seems to fit the bill there! :D) with a bit of poke with neat handling,- so naturally i'm looking at 182s. I'm only interested in 'Full-fat' 182s with both Cup packs fitted.

Question;

Apart from the anthracite finish of the alloys, how the hell do you tell the difference between a 182 without the Cup packs and 182 with both spec'd?

I'm looking at a couple of cars this weekend and many dealer descriptions seem to be piss poor.

Thanks for any help received.

Pete

Turbos.
I think the normal 182 is missing the front rubber splitter and rear spoiler.

I think i recognise your name from SELOC. Welcome :)

Lee

BMW M2C
As you already know, there are two Cup packs which mean you can have one or the other or both.

The only way to tell if you have the Cup suspension pack is from the colour of the wheels.

The spoiler and splitter are purely cosmetic.

Welcome to ClioSport. I met some of the SELOC guys at Spa back in 2004. Had a few laps in a VTec engined Elise.

182 (Cupped)
Many thanks for the help. I've just been back through the old threads and seen some useful pics showing the differences.

My Elise broke in December when it slid off a roundabout at 20mph in icey conditions (I have witnesses to show It was a complete freak incident).

It was a mint S2 with a hardtop in red and was the best car ever. I'm trying to save some money for next year's purchase so a Clio seems an ideal compromise for now.

I'll post up should I sort a car this weekend.

SLK 350
Best of luck mate, i think the 172/182 will surprise you once you understand its characteristics. Maybe not so much coming from an Elise, but they are ruddy good cars :)