ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spray Paint

1.2 16v Dynamique
Could somebody please recommend to me a good spray paint (gloss white) for spraying front and rear diamonds and will I need to use primer?

I would like to spray my alloys white, could you recommend a spray for that and primer?

Finally, a spray for colour coding a black clio (pearl black?) for the plastic side strips, door handles etc.

If anybody has any information and could help me out with any links, I would be very happy! thanks a lot!

I am going for this look

e81536d9ce5be4cac02cae7cefa03d51.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
for colour coding you need to use the colour code of the car which is on the sticker on the inside of the door appature. on mk1's its 3 numbers like 676 pearl black, dunno what it is on mk2's.

for badges, a bright white like Vauxhall Glacier White is fine and doesnt require laquer. as for the alloys, id only paint them using a spray gun with compressor, or even better have them powder coated. theres a place in birmingham that does them for £20 a whee, im sure theres a local place that would do them for that price too if you look aroundl

1.2 16v Dynamique
ahh cheers for the help, i've been offered £25 a wheel for non powder coating! :S It's only about an hour and a half drive to Birmingham so if i couldn't find anywhere else I could go there. thanks again

1.2 16v Dynamique
got a place now, one more question, for the colour coding can i just spray that with a can or will i need to use primer?

1.2 16v Dynamique
ok thats great, I assume by prepping you mean cleaning with de-greaser or something, you've been a very big help thank you