ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying Engine Cover?

Car  Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
Looking at taking my engine cover off and spraying it matt black, I have got some paint left over from when I sprayed a few plastic bits, got primer etc. Can I use that or do I have to use some sort of heat resistant paint with it being under the bonnet?
 
Last edited:
Heat resistant paint isn't needed to paint your engine cover . Just treat it as you would any other plastic bits i.e. plastic primer , colour coat and lacquer .
 
just normal paint is fine :)

wet/dry sanding from grade 800 to 1500 I used, then primer x2-3 coats, then wet/dry again, then the colour x3 coats, then more wet/dry to smooth off the orange peel effect, then x2 coats of laquer.

however when it comes to the metal parts ie plenum / renaultsport text part on the top of the engine, I am not sure. this will most definately need to be heat resistant IMO but take my advice and unless you remove it and spray it don't paint it by hand just get it polished or leave it well alone. paint brush FTL been there tried/failed lol
 
Will do only doing the plastic bits i.e the cover anyway, Cheers for the advice
 
Back
Top